Get a grip!

gordondaviesmoustache said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Well your mind is stuck in "little City" mode, then.

Can't wait for the Derby.

Me neither.
I love a day in the sunshine at Epsom.
Right now, playing the rags is about as enticing a prospect as simultaneous colonic irrigation and root canal surgery.
Can you kindly pm me some of your Prozac?
"Me neither" was directed to to him rather than me I presume, otherwise your post is confusing!

I believe these players will raise their game for the Derby - it's probably what they need to kick start the season. Anyone would think we never had a shite game at home and won under Mancini.

I'm trying to post on a new phone my friend, and on a good day I make the average luddite look like Bill Gates.
I agree that historically we have given some of our best derby performances when we have been huge underdogs, but I'd rather go into one looking like a team with a plan, rather than one who seem to be reacting to events rather than dictating them.

Me neither.
I love a day in the sunshine at Epsom.
Right now, playing the rags is about as enticing a prospect as simultaneous colonic irrigation and root canal surgery.
Can you kindly pm me some of your Prozac?
"Me neither" was directed to to him rather than me I presume, otherwise your post is confusing!

I believe these players will raise their game for the Derby - it's probably what they need to kick start the season. Anyone would think we never had a shite game at home and won under Mancini.

I'm trying to post on a new phone my friend, and on a good day I make the average luddite look like Bill Gates.
I agree that historically we have given some of our best derby performances when we have been huge underdogs, but I'd rather go into one looking like a team with a plan, rather than one who seem to be reacting to events rather than dictating them.
We won't be underdogs, we're still favourites for the league with Paddy Power and I believe we will win the Derby.

Our big game players will deliver. Just like in the Cup....err......Semi Final ;-)

We won't be underdogs, we're still favourites for the league with Paddy Power and I believe we will win the Derby.

Our big game players will deliver. Just like in the Cup....err......Semi Final ;-)

Stop being so sensible gdm :)

bgblue said:

Stop being so sensible gdm :)
Whenever you've met me, have I ever been sensible? ;-)

manimanc said:
We're only 3 games in for fuck sake..
We played shite,scored 2 goals andbeot 3 points..
United played shite,dropped 2 points and didn't score..
I don't understand the concern.....
ManUre were playing Chelsea not Hull and imho their performance was still better than ours. Also take into consideration that the master spoiler Mourinho was in town and he started that match without a recognised striker so it always had the hallmarks of being a dreary affair.

Personally I am concerned because I know teams have off days, but this is a trend which has been ongoing longer than you must realise. It started to show signs last season and the sacking of Mancini was supposed to stop the rot (the logic of which always baffled me).

Then it was evident throughout pre-season, but everyone said 'well, it's pre-season innit, so what dya expect'. Apart from 30 minutes against Milan it continued and then with virtually our starting eleven on show we were schooled by Arsenal. Newcastle was a good performance, but not the dawn of a new era that some were hailing it as imho.

Newcsastle were poor, we were at home for the first game of the season and beat what was in front of us, but no way in my book were we spectacular in any way shape or form. Newcastle aside the worrying downward trend continued against Cardiff and against Hull.

I think it's you who isn't getting the point, imo this isn't a knee-jerk reaction from most fans, it's concern about a worrying trend that has been setting in fo some time. New manager, same worrying issues arise in the Prem and in Europe and the common denominator in all of this is the players.

Joe Hart believeing all the hype and thinking he's made it and is the world's best keeper. Yaya thinking he can live off world-class, lung-bursting performances from two season's ago wnd now doesn't hqave to prove himself. Kompany's out injured at a crucial part of last season and decides to risk the rest of our season so he can turn out for Belgium whilst not match-fit instead of resting and training and making our faltering title run-in a priority.

Sinclair was shit and a complete waste of money and NOT what Manchester City needed. Kolorov, Garcia and Lescott all playing crap costing us goals. Dzeko, good goal-scorer but just an average footballer. Nasri a special talent who doesn't turn it on enough to move from that to being the world-class player he has the ability to be.

What do they all have in common? They all blamed Mancini for getting on their cases and questioning their application to their craft! Now Mancini has gone and we have a new manager, what and who are the player's going to blame next? It's been said many a time, money can buy us a world-class team, but not a win at all costs mentally that ManUre cultivated over many years.

It's a dangerous place to be when highly paid, whining players can dictate who manages them just because their egos were bruised. Ok, maybe Mancini should have kept his criticisms private, but in my book, he had a valid point, but alas the tail ended up wagging the dog. I just hope that when Pellegrini realises the size of the task he has in hand, that he is as coldly brutal as he needs to be to turn our slowly deteriorating fortunes around before this season is wasted.

At the moment we are not equal to the sum of our parts, but I believe this situation will br resolved soon. Txiki and Ferran have their man at the helm, so they all have more than a vested interest to ensure this season lacklustre performances are eradicated before we quickly find ourselves with only the Europa League, the FA Cup and top four qualification to concern us for the rest iof the season.

Get a grip? I'm trying to - I know it's early days but, on what I've seen in the last 2 games, against very, very, modest opposition, and unless we sign additional defenders in the next couple of days, we'll struggle to finish in the top 4, and imho, will not get out of our chumps league group again. My 'first day' optimism has dissipated, I'm very sad to say.
Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and we'll sign some defenders in the next 2 days, but otherwise, I'm dreading both Stoke away and the derby. Pellegrini loses most of his squad for 10 days now. The thought of RVP and Rooney - even Wellbeck - against our back 5 at the moment is too terrifying to contemplate.
Reminds me of the story of the emperor's new clothes - everyone's scared to describe what's in front of their eyes.

Dribble said:
manimanc said:
ManUre were playing Chelsea not Hull and imho their performance was still better than ours. Also take into consideration that the master spoiler Mourinho was in town and he started that match without a recognised striker so it always had the hallmarks of being a dreary affair.

Personally I am concerned because I know teams have off days, but this is a trend which has been ongoing longer than you must realise. It started to show signs last season and the sacking of Mancini was supposed to stop the rot (the logic of which always baffled me).

Then it was evident throughout pre-season, but everyone said 'well, it's pre-season innit, so what dya expect'. Apart from 30 minutes against Milan it continued and then with virtually our starting eleven on show we were schooled by Arsenal. Newcastle was a good performance, but not the dawn of a new era that some were hailing it as imho.

Newcsastle were poor, we were at home for the first game of the season and beat what was in front of us, but no way in my book were we spectacular in any way shape or form. Newcastle aside the worrying downward trend continued against Cardiff and against Hull.

I think it's you who isn't getting the point, imo this isn't a knee-jerk reaction from most fans, it's concern about a worrying trend that has been setting in fo some time. New manager, same worrying issues arise in the Prem and in Europe and the common denominator in all of this is the players.

Joe Hart believeing all the hype and thinking he's made it and is the world's best keeper. Yaya thinking he can live off world-class, lung-bursting performances from two season's ago wnd now doesn't hqave to prove himself. Kompany's out injured at a crucial part of last season and decides to risk the rest of our season so he can turn out for Belgium whilst not match-fit instead of resting and training and making our faltering title run-in a priority.

Sinclair was shit and a complete waste of money and NOT what Manchester City needed. Kolorov, Garcia and Lescott all playing crap costing us goals. Dzeko, good goal-scorer but just an average footballer. Nasri a special talent who doesn't turn it on enough to move from that to being the world-class player he has the ability to be.

What do they all have in common? They all blamed Mancini for getting on their cases and questioning their application to their craft! Now Mancini has gone and we have a new manager, what and who are the player's going to blame next? It's been said many a time, money can buy us a world-class team, but not a win at all costs mentally that ManUre cultivated over many years.

It's a dangerous place to be when highly paid, whining players can dictate who manages them just because their egos were bruised. Ok, maybe Mancini should have kept his criticisms private, but in my book, he had a valid point, but alas the tail ended up wagging the dog. I just hope that when Pellegrini realises the size of the task he has in hand, that he is as coldly brutal as he needs to be to turn our slowly deteriorating fortunes around before this season is wasted.

At the moment we are not equal to the sum of our parts, but I believe this situation will br resolved soon. Txiki and Ferran have their man at the helm, so they all have more than a vested interest to ensure this season lacklustre performances are eradicated before we quickly find ourselves with only the Europa League, the FA Cup and top four qualification to concern us for the rest iof the season.

Bob on there matey, i am sure you could add page upon page as you are upto speed with exactly what the craic is with us, well said mate... may i add YET AGAIN(i will let it go one day lol) that the selling of NDJ was the crime of the fukin century.
Anyway we won 2 zip so onwards......

Dribble said:
manimanc said:

applauds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.