Get to the Etihad for the 2nd leg!

No they wont, but whilst we potentially celebrate a City victory (Please god) on this forum... they are going to be moaning! feck that, I just wish they stay out of a CL threads if they dont like it, dont come in here just to say it's all shit.... You may as well be the opposition fans doing that! Am really fecked off with this, probably as much as the "Do we need De-Bryune" thread
Stop moaning.

Without supporters having their say we wouldnt have £30 away tickets from next season. Pretty sure a few clubs (maybe even ours) would have liked supporters to sit down, shut up and do what they're told.

A fact that is lost on a lot of fans sadly. I don't just mean a lot of City fans either - at the weekend of action for cheaper away tickets earlier this season, I browsed the fan forums of several other clubs. Many of them were either unaware of the campaign, or worse still were pretty much scoffing at those involved and saying no amount of protesting would make a difference. Well it did and if fans campaign in a diplomatic rather than an antagonistic way, people will listen to their concerns and agreements reached.

A fact that is lost on a lot of fans sadly. I don't just mean a lot of City fans either - at the weekend of action for cheaper away tickets earlier this season, I browsed the fan forums of several other clubs. Many of them were either unaware of the campaign, or worse still were pretty much scoffing at those involved and saying no amount of protesting would make a difference. Well it did and if fans campaign in a diplomatic rather than an antagonistic way, people will listen to their concerns and agreements reached.
I think one of the reasons the more drastic actions were proposed was because a lot of people have the feeling (justified or not) that the club isnt really willing to listen to supporter concerns. The statement from the club imo made things worse. Ideally there would be a diplomatic solution but if it takes supporters to give the club a nudge every now and then I don't think thats necessarily a bad thing.

I think some fans have misunderstood why the booing started - it was nothing to do with FFP or a perception that the competition is bent in some form or other. It was because our fans that travelled to Moscow and forked out a fortune on travel and accomodation found themselves locked out of the ground because of an offence committed by CSKA fans. UEFA completely refused to reimburse those innocent fans but the battle to try and secure compensation still goes on behind the scenes. Bayern fans found themselves in the same situation when they played in Moscow and at last season's City v Bayern group game both sets of fans agreed to boo the anthem and turn their backs to show their discontent with UEFA's show of utter contempt for those fans that travel all over Europe to watch their team.

If that's the case then fair enough but I'm not sure that is understood by most of the matchgoers. How many were affected by this? Seems a bit poor to leave fans out of pocket for so long. I think a lot of people boo just because others do and they feel it is FFP related etc.

I just personally think it puts a bit of a downer on the atmosphere as others have said.

I think some fans have misunderstood why the booing started - it was nothing to do with FFP or a perception that the competition is bent in some form or other. It was because our fans that travelled to Moscow and forked out a fortune on travel and accomodation found themselves locked out of the ground because of an offence committed by CSKA fans. UEFA completely refused to reimburse those innocent fans but the battle to try and secure compensation still goes on behind the scenes. Bayern fans found themselves in the same situation when they played in Moscow and at last season's City v Bayern group game both sets of fans agreed to boo the anthem and turn their backs to show their discontent with UEFA's show of utter contempt for those fans that travel all over Europe to watch their team.

While I agree in principle with the booing regarding Moscow, its time to let go and put it behind us. Booing next game does absolutely no good whatsoever. Its not like its going to change anything. We need every bit of positive mind and and attitude to get through this second leg and hopefully beyond. The atmosphere last night was incredible and we need to match that on Tuesday.

While I agree in principle with the booing regarding Moscow, its time to let go and put it behind us. Booing next game does absolutely no good whatsoever. Its not like its going to change anything. We need every bit of positive mind and and attitude to get through this second leg and hopefully beyond. The atmosphere last night was incredible and we need to match that on Tuesday.
From the Paris or City fans? Or just in general?

I'll boo until the time comes that I am reunited with the near £800 that me and the wife lost on that Moscow farce

If that's the case then fair enough but I'm not sure that is understood by most of the matchgoers. How many were affected by this? Seems a bit poor to leave fans out of pocket for so long. I think a lot of people boo just because others do and they feel it is FFP related etc.

I just personally think it puts a bit of a downer on the atmosphere as others have said.

Yeah, I agree that a lot of fans boo it for their own reasons. Personally, whatever reservations I have with UEFA over FFP, etc, I see those as club-specific issues that I trust the club to deal with and as such I don't boo the anthem for those reasons. The Moscow farce, however, is a fan-specific issue and as a fan myself that's where my bigger issue with UEFA lies.

I don't think the booing of the anthem affects the atmosphere too much - Barca fans have been booing/jeering it for longer than us - but I do agree that perhaps we should focus our pre-match efforts solely on ramping up the atmosphere from now on.

The majority of tickets are £50+.
From a quick look at the ticket planner I'd have said the majority of tickets were sub £50, not over (not even counting the £5 discount). I presume all the grey bits are the 'UEFA friends & family' bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.