Gillingham v Manchester City 1999

Guy next to us did wreck his seat at 2-0. Stamped on it till it broke then left. When we equalised he came back and stood by the seat he'd wrecked! I went to the gents at full time and wondered where everyone was going then realised it was all those who'd left coming back in. Some had got as far as the tube station!

Does anybody know whether there is any truth in what I have always presumed to be from the urban myth school?

Bloke leaves game at 2-0, gets back to car to discover window bust and radio nicked, drives back to Manchester unaware of real result...

There's the other one which might be an urban myth about the train leaving Wembley Central when word went round about Dickovs goal so someone pulled the emergency chord and half the train piled up the track through the station and back into the stadium

Great day and a really enjoyable season particularly from January onwards even though it is made out to be City at its lowest ebb the two
seasons previous were much worse for me.

I was in a group of ten. A few left at 2-0 and tried desperately to convince us afterwards that watching extra time in the pub was better than being there.

Gillingham was obviously the highlight but Wigan in the semi final was brilliant as was Stoke at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.