Gillingham v Manchester City 1999

I was dragged to Comet in Blackburn by Mrs Cbj to buy a new TV, so watched the whole match on their latest "Big screen" TV, much to the manager's annoyance. :-)

We went out with a new TV though at the end.

I was there with my lad. When Gillingham's second went in he zipped up his jacket expecting us to leave. I told him that if the rags can get two goals in injury time (CL final a few days before) then so could we and that we were going nowhere. Of course he was chuffed to bits when we won. Quite possibly the most exemplary bit of parenting I've ever done.

Said it before, at 2-0 my lad at his first away game asked if we could go. No, you're a City fan learn to suffer. I waited outside as the pens were taken though. As I also did for the Liverpool final.

I was there !! My brother left when the second goal went in for Gillingham. What a day , I can't even remember getting home . And to think we are where we are today ? It's great being a blue

I was there my first trip to wembley to watch City 18 years old on the old maynes coach trip off Lee Street Gorton remember cueing up for a beer in Wembley being ankle deep 8n piss as people were just pissing at the bar as the facilities were crap.

Remember getting to Corley services on way home and everyone walking around like Zombies , think the day had drained most of us!

There were 4 of us. 3 sat together and 1 elsewhere (couldn’t get 4 together). And thank God. Because at 0-2 the three of all said “let’s go” and then thought what’s the point we are meeting the 4th at a set point and if he stays we would just be outside waiting. He thought the same. Had we have 4 seats together we probably would all have left (we also had the fun of staying that night at the Wembley Hilton which capped it off)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.