Gillingham v Manchester City 1999

The Colonel said:
The guys behind me at Wembley were so pissed that they spent most of the game with their heads bobbing into our backs (there were no backs to the seats at the old Wembley). After several barfs they'd sobered up enough to realise the score and then left.

I still remember Horlock scoring and thinking 'if them red twats can do it so can we'. I was near the front directly in line with Dickov as the ball broke to him and the roof of the net bulged. Bedlam.

The 2 behind then reappeared in tears. They had been sat on on their coach head in hands when they saw everyone running back in. They said stewards were trying to stop them - not a chance.

Great day, great night in Trafalgor square. Girls with tops off. Marvellous.

Yep, remember that. Together with a chunk of the City Danish supporters club who'd come over for the game. Happy days.

Plays By Sense Of Smell said:
The Colonel said:
The guys behind me at Wembley were so pissed that they spent most of the game with their heads bobbing into our backs (there were no backs to the seats at the old Wembley). After several barfs they'd sobered up enough to realise the score and then left.

I still remember Horlock scoring and thinking 'if them red twats can do it so can we'. I was near the front directly in line with Dickov as the ball broke to him and the roof of the net bulged. Bedlam.

The 2 behind then reappeared in tears. They had been sat on on their coach head in hands when they saw everyone running back in. They said stewards were trying to stop them - not a chance.

Yep, remember that. Together with a chunk of the City Danish supporters club who'd come over for the game. Happy days.

One of the people that's ordered the book from Denmark (there's been a couple) emailed to say he ended up in the fountain at Trafalgar Square that evening, too.

I think my Dad mentioned Gillingham as we went into injury time against QPR, I thought "No way, that doesn't happen twice in a lifetime!"

BlueMooney said:
Plays By Sense Of Smell said:
The Colonel said:

One of the people that's ordered the book from Denmark (there's been a couple) emailed to say he ended up in the fountain at Trafalgar Square that evening, too.

So did I. On the back of the lions singing, and wading in the fountains.

One of the "tops off" girls referred to above offered me an equaliser behind the back of the statue but I politely declined.

pml79 said:
Dont think we ever lost a game when kevin horlock scored

Think he scored in a defeat at Coventry when Keegan was in charge. Just after Benarbia had signed.

BlueMooney said:
pml79 said:
Dont think we ever lost a game when kevin horlock scored

Think he scored in a defeat at Coventry when Keegan was in charge. Just after Benarbia had signed.

It was a 4-3 defeat...from memory Kevin Horlock could have squared the ball to Wanchope for a tap in to equalise in the last minute but dipped his shot over the bar. Great atmosphere that night.

<a class="postlink" href="http://gillsconnected.proboards.com/thread/5733/sbt-framed-shirt?page=1&scrollTo=30821" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://gillsconnected.proboards.com/thr ... llTo=30821</a>

sad to see

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.