Give Eastlands its Kippax

bluemooninho said:
I really wouldn't want it to be called the Kippax though. The Kippax should remain at Maine Road with the memories!

Edit: I have signed the petition though as I think a proper Eastlands singing area would be great. Finally give the place a heart!

I agree 100%. The idea is not to bring back the Kippax, it is to give Eastlands it's very own Kippax i.e a designated home end.

Cheltblue said:
Brilliant idea IP.

Im fairly new to this site, but gotta say this sits top of the tree for ideas since i been on here.

Im not a season ticket holder but get up to about 10 - 15 home games in all comps each year and while there are plenty of fans trying to get the singing and atmosphere to a better level, it always sounds disjointed, spesh when the NS and the two sets either side of the away fans start singing different stuff. Sometimes we make the away fans sound better than they are cus they are singing with a single solid sound and we are trying to pick up whats going on from any of the 3 seperate groups mentioned.

Get the NS atmosphere providers together in 1 block, they will enjoy being part of an even bigger group and it will create a much better atmos for the rest of the stadium.

Ive signed up.
Good Luck

Cheers mate it wasn't really my idea though, many people have shared the same views.

been told by the ticket office that i cant get my st seat moved until renewal time unless its on medical grounds...i can see the club needing a lot of pursuading on this.

Gaudino said:
IP, just wondering which stand you want to become our 'new' Kippax? The away fans won't be moved, as it was designed to be where it is for ease of getting their coaches in and out easily. Police would kick up a shit-storm if the club proposed it. North Stand the logical alternative, but then they would have move the Family area en masse, and where to? South Stand, near the away support isn't best place for kids. Corporate boxes etc practically rule out both other stands?
I know what you mean about the way our 'hardcore' singers are divided by the away fans now, but a lot of them gravitated to being each side of them on purpose for the banter etc.
Agree totally with you in theory, just not sure how realistic it would be to acheive?

Was this not the same at Maine Road???

IMO The ground, and the current fans are the problem. The ground just doesn't lend itself to generating an atmosphere as good as Maine Road. And the fact that the tiers are alot narrower than they were at Maine Road is also a factor. I used to stand with my cosuin in the North Stand before getting my Own seat for the the move to COMS. His seat is now on South Stand level 2 and says it's nothing like how Maine Road used to be because there is a massive divide going right through what used to be just one tier of the North Stand.

Also alot of the fans that sit, for example in the East Stand and North Stand are either not singing, or not enough of them are. They just can't be heard on match day. And the second tiers and third tiers are different story all together!

Lots of people missing the point here.

The tiers do affect the atmosphere as songs never get that loud, and each tier can't hear the other.

So getting as many vociferous Blues together will help as their songs will be louder so others will join in.

The people at COMS are the same ones who were at Maine Road.

I was 58 to sign, The problem I have is I haven't a clue whats happening in tier 2 of the SS, and at times only feels like those sat in 118 117 are singing, I know thats not the case just feels like it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.