Glory hunters...

Three blokes at work.

1) A lad who was a Liverpool fan decided one day to wander into the canteen before his shift wearing an Arsenal shirt. All the lads who sat with him asked what he was up to. He simply replied "I'm fucking sick of Liverpool. I'm an Arsenal supporter from now on." He was about 20/21 at the time.

2) A bloke who "supported" Sunderland until Hull City moved to the KC Stadium when he bought a season ticket and has been going ever since. Says he always liked Hull City as much as Sunderland but I don't ever remember him talking about them before the move.

3) A chap who wore every Newcastle United shirt available and joined in all the football discussions by backing the Geordies. Again, Hull City got to the Championship and he switched his loyalties to them. He's now got a Hull City tattoo on his chest. Has a season ticket next to exhibit 2). Both of these men were in their 30's when the change was made.

I do remember a lad at work saying he was a Barcelona fan, I asked if he was going to the CL final at Wembley against united. He replied how on earth would I get a ticket. I told him how easy it was to get one in the Barcelona end, All he had to do was join their membership scheme for about 30quid then order a ticket for the game.

He came back with the classic "It's too far to travel to London" Not bad considering his team play in Spain. Needless to say he has never seen them live.

People like him and other fans who switch teams back to their local one once they get promoted are the worst type. Their opinions are worthless to me. You cannot take them seriously

I got called one at a game recently as I have a southern accent. You can feel the tribal behaviour of our fans coming out at times, and we risk alienating old and new fans because of it.

citykev28 said:
Three blokes at work.

1) A lad who was a Liverpool fan decided one day to wander into the canteen before his shift wearing an Arsenal shirt. All the lads who sat with him asked what he was up to. He simply replied "I'm fucking sick of Liverpool. I'm an Arsenal supporter from now on." He was about 20/21 at the time.

2) A bloke who "supported" Sunderland until Hull City moved to the KC Stadium when he bought a season ticket and has been going ever since. Says he always liked Hull City as much as Sunderland but I don't ever remember him talking about them before the move.

3) A chap who wore every Newcastle United shirt available and joined in all the football discussions by backing the Geordies. Again, Hull City got to the Championship and he switched his loyalties to them. He's now got a Hull City tattoo on his chest. Has a season ticket next to exhibit 2). Both of these men were in their 30's when the change was made.
You can't really call the last 2 glory hunters, It's Hull City for crying out loud.

marshall92 said:
I got called one at a game recently as I have a southern accent. You can feel the tribal behaviour of our fans coming out at times, and we risk alienating old and new fans because of it.

I was in a box at the Real Madrid game with some Spanish friends. The fans in front of us didn't say much but were quite dismissive when we first sat down. I taught all the Spanish lads the Mancini song and they sang all game. The fans in front thought it was great!!

Ronnie the Rep said:
marshall92 said:

I was in a box at the Real Madrid game with some Spanish friends. The fans in front of us didn't say much but were quite dismissive when we first sat down. I taught all the Spanish lads the Mancini song and they sang all game. The fans in front thought it was great!!

Ronnie, were you in (or next to) David Silvas box ?

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
marshall92 said:

Ronnie, were you in (or next to) David Silvas box ?

I was in the big one at the end of the row. If you were on the pitch looking at the directors area we were on the right hand side

I look forward to the gloryhunters being a majority so we can skip these effing tedious gloryhunter threads we see every month on here..

I think there is a valid point if you object to people just swapping allegiance because we are now successful. However, everyone who is already a blue supports them with a differing level of intensity - some go to all games home, away including Europe - some go to all home games - some to a few games a season - some watch everything on tv and manage to go to one or two a season (me) - some have a passing interest but City is their favourite team.

All these are blues, all want us to win, so I have no problem acknowledging their support.

One earlier post said that some Dipper fans had supported them all their life but they had never been to Anfield and the inference was that they should be ashamed to be Liverpool fans. I disagree, if you want to feel superior because you arrange your life and are lucky enough to watch your team in the flesh I think that's great but you have no right to belittle someone else's loyalty - even if it's intensity doesn't match your own.

Just saying.

Detinu said:
I start to follow city when we win the league, before that i was not really into football but wow what a win. Im not a glory hunter because i love city and bleed blue blood.

there was this englishman irishman etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.