Glory hunters...

Chippy_boy said:
I think this condemnation of glory hunters is all a complete load of old bollocks.

There are some people who are passionate supporters who don't mind travelling to see a shite City team play an even shiter Oxford United in the pissing rain. Fair play to them.

There are others - like me - who have been a City fan for donkeys years (46 years, to be exact), but with the pressures of work and family and living 200 miles away, don't get to go to many games any more and had kindof lost interest.

Over the past 5 years my interest has been rekindled and am I really excited about City again and love going to games again.

Is this a fucking sin??? You'd think so, from some of the daft comments on here. Isn't this what "the project" is all about - restoring City to its former glory and establishing us as one of the worlds top clubs; one of the world's MOST POPULAR clubs?

To not welcome fans such as me is to not welcome ADUG, because that's what the ADUG investment is all about. It is not about taking the 25,000 hard core, die hard fans on a marvellous journey with no-one else on board.

Great post mate!

sonnymancity said:
when i was 5, my dad told me he would throw me out and disown me if i supported anyone but city

Rightly so as well!!
Was at the Madrid game with a lad I've known a few years, he's about 40ish. Told me he's been a blue from '02!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not so great back then but I forgive him (a bit anyway)

Ronnie the Rep said:
Chippy_boy said:
I think this condemnation of glory hunters is all a complete load of old bollocks.

There are some people who are passionate supporters who don't mind travelling to see a shite City team play an even shiter Oxford United in the pissing rain. Fair play to them.

There are others - like me - who have been a City fan for donkeys years (46 years, to be exact), but with the pressures of work and family and living 200 miles away, don't get to go to many games any more and had kindof lost interest.

Over the past 5 years my interest has been rekindled and am I really excited about City again and love going to games again.

Is this a fucking sin??? You'd think so, from some of the daft comments on here. Isn't this what "the project" is all about - restoring City to its former glory and establishing us as one of the worlds top clubs; one of the world's MOST POPULAR clubs?

To not welcome fans such as me is to not welcome ADUG, because that's what the ADUG investment is all about. It is not about taking the 25,000 hard core, die hard fans on a marvellous journey with no-one else on board.

Great post mate!
Isn't it just. I'd lost a bit of enthusiasm for City when Pearce was manager and was probably down to 3 games a season. Surely pretty much every long-standing City fan has has his love for the club re-ignited to some extent over the last four years. It would be absurd to suggest otherwise. Relationships have their ups and downs, that's part of life. 'Super fans' are such a self-righteous, tiresome bunch.

I have been a blue since `02. I thought the kits was awesome. Was 4 years old back then.

I have no relatives in my family :D

SergioInAddedTime said:
I have no relatives in my family :D

Lmao...

Ask yourself this lads - there's a new student in town, loads of ,disposable income from Daddy.
He wants some other form of entertainment other than sex, drugs and rock n roll....

Who would you rather he choose, Blues or Trafford?

ADUG want him here.

It's one less Rag to whine about I suppose, but I'm for it as long as I'm not priced out of attending matches.

To me a Glory supporter is where

One dosent live locally example a man united fan who never been to Manchester in his life

Supports the team because there winning everything

Buying a Ronaldo shirt to make them look good (makes you look stupid)

In man united case seeing Liverpool as bigger rivals than us proving there not from Manchester

Who remembers Leeds when they we're doing well 12/13 years ago when money got them in the end I wonder how many Leeds fans we're Glory supporters and moved on to other clubs like Liverpool arsenal etc etc (Don't mind Leeds)

If you have a city fan who used to live in manchester or greater Manchester (Oldham Rochdale etc etc) but live in another city thens that's ok (like myself I go and watch Derby play as it's hard to go and watch city when you live quite far from Manchester)

Like I said in another thread, Every club has glory supporters who latch on to them. Some clubs get more stick than others. Doesn't it make you laugh when for example Southampton fans sing "Where were you when you were shit" to us or "We support our local team" to united. Without realising they were getting about 12k less before Promotion to the top flight.

I do not get to every city game, I don't own a ST and I get to about 4-5 away games a year. If I had a job that paid about 10k more and gave me weekends off then chances are I would be at city every weekend but that is how it is.

I only support city cause as a kid my best mate asked me to go to Maine road with him and his dad. I went and loved it (don't ask me why!!) and that was it. All my red family who have been going home and away for decades didn't mind. I remember my dad saying "There is always one"

I never slate Arsenal, United, Liverpool for glory supporters and out of town support, Cause If I did. I would look very foolish when city fans from Leeds, York, Newcastle get on the train to matches with non manc accents.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.