Goals you've missed by leaving early/late/going to the bog?

when I was a kid I missed a Dennis Tueart hat-trick by being dragged away 10 mins early from a game (home v Notts COunty in League Cup - 5-1 win IIRC)

have never been able to stand leaving early since.

Beat the fucking traffic? If you're that bothered about getting stuck in traffic don't fucking go.

Grrr

I recall once going to a match when I was down in London between West Ham and Leeds. Revie's side were 2-0 up and doing their usual time wasting stuff. Around ten minutes to go I decided to go. I was barely out of the ground when a roar went up (West Ham pulled one back). I was not far down the road to the Tube station when another roar went up (West Ham had equalized). Then a more muted roar could be heard as Leeds pinched it 3-2.

I didn't leave a match before the end after that.

How many left Wembley at 2-0 down to Gillingham? Did anyone leave the Etihad at 2-1 down to QPR last season? Certainly I saw plenty leave before Balotelli scored the penalty against Borussia Dortmund last week.

Roy Keane's goal against us at Maine Road to put them 3 2 up after Quinny had put us 2 up in the first half. I was in the Kippax and we had give the rags fans some serious dogs abuse in the break we had hammerd them in the first half and I think they had been beat in the week in turkey. then they came out a different side in the second half. and we could see it coming all second half went to the bog and heard the cheer.
Gutted

I haven't missed a goal since City's 3rd at the swamp in 1968 when my dad, who regularly left games early 'to beat the traffic', insisted on going with 5 minutes left. It's probably because he dragged me away so often before the end of games which resulted in missing some crucial goals (including the winner in another swamp derby) that I never leave early. My lad wanted us to leave Gillingham 1999 at 0-2 but I refused and told him to sit tight. He's never wanted to leave a game early ever since.

Plenty, but always going to the bog

Dzeko v Bolton away early second half because buying beer took ages, even worse than at ours!

Dzeko v Notts County in the cup, must have gone to the loo about 15 times that game

Adam Johnson at home just after half time, thousands in the Concorse watched on the tellys

Worst of all, Yaya in the semi, was walking back through Concorse tunnel so got to celebrate it in the ground but missed the goal live

Beer = bad

skipped through every page and can not believe LAW 74 has not posted on this - we use to send him to the loo if we needed a goal worked a treat for about a season or two

Terry Phelans against Spurs in cup quarter final only time we've left early so disappointed in that game didn't give a shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.