Gonzalo Higuain

didactic said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
didactic said:
Easily. RVP had a good season Higuain is a far superior player and the thought of him and his countrymen Aguero and Tevez happy in the same team is goose bump material.

Not sure if goosebumps is what it gives me. Mancini will never play 3 up front anyway (QPR alone) and they never really did it all together for Argentina.
Although its still an amazing front 4 with Balo as well

Even if they do not play together in a single game just having them as options alone would make us one of the best teams in the world.

we're already one of the best teams in the world.

he's a weird one tbh whenever i watch him he plays really really shit but still scores.

he possesses all the same negative attributes that dzeko does, people wanting rid of dzeko will be disapointed at the way this lad plays

mammyjam said:
didactic said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Not sure if goosebumps is what it gives me. Mancini will never play 3 up front anyway (QPR alone) and they never really did it all together for Argentina.
Although its still an amazing front 4 with Balo as well

Even if they do not play together in a single game just having them as options alone would make us one of the best teams in the world.

we're already one of the best teams in the world.

he's a weird one tbh whenever i watch him he plays really really shit but still scores.

he possesses all the same negative attributes that dzeko does, people wanting rid of dzeko will be disapointed at the way this lad plays

Its just the way some players are ;

I always though Van horsehead was crap............but he scored.

I thing suarez is a great footballer, but his scoring record isnt that good.

Same could be said for Silva and Modric - great players, but never score as many as fat frank or Kevin nolan !!!

I think it's highly unlikely that Madrid will let Higuain go. They're already short on centre forwards with just him and Benzema there. I think it's more likely they'll add a forward rather than lose one, particularly if they can get Kaka off the wage bill as they're obviously desperate to do. I suspect that if Tevez were to move this summer, he'd be headed to Madrid.

higuain would be the ideal striker at the etihad. Bette than dzeko and WAY better than robin van persie and would play brilliantly upfront in a 4,3,3 formation. With Aguero on the right and tevez on the left and higuain in the central role, i couldnt see anyone stopping the argentinian trio!

He is one of the most clinical strikers in the world, even moreso than Real's first choice Benzema, but Benzema is a better all-round player who suits Mourinho's system more. However if Mancini does want a clinical striker to bury more chances as we waste far too many, Higuain would be a good alternative to RvP, Cavani, or Falcao.

de niro said:
i'd have edin over higuain all day long.

2007– Now Real Madrid 162 Apps (91) Goals.

2009 – Now Argentina 25 Apps (13) Goals.

Not too shabby a record there I think you have just grown rather fond of Edin.

didactic said:
de niro said:

So how is that "much better" than:

Edin Dzeko

206 appearances = 110 goals (Wolfsburg + City)
46 appearances = 22 goals (Bosnian national team)

I'm struggling to find Higuain "much better" statistically like some people are making him out to be??

+ Higuain didnt have a chance to go against EPL centre backs...:-)
Guaranteed his "touch" would suffer a bit in EPL :-)

Some people would be up for dissapointment...book it.

If a player is a significant improvement over Dzeko (which Higuain is clearly NOT) - then great - GET HIM...otherwise - no thanks.

EaglesFan said:
didactic said:
de niro said:

So how is that "much better" than:

Edin Dzeko

206 appearances = 110 goals (Wolfsburg + City)
46 appearances = 22 goals (Bosnian national team)

I'm struggling to find Higuain "much better" statistically like some people are making him out to be??

+ Higuain didnt have a chance to go against EPL centre backs...:-)
Guaranteed his "touch" would suffer a bit in EPL :-)

Some people would be up for dissapointment...book it.

If a player is a significant improvement over Dzeko (which Higuain is clearly NOT) - then great - GET HIM...otherwise - no thanks.

If we're talking stats, then Edin's are far better than even RVP's and on that basis we should not be selling any of our forwards and trying to bring others in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.