good debate - gone off track

Re: A big Thanks to the Dicks Singing M****h -

squirtyflower said:
What really gets to me are sanctimonious people on this thread who are abusing fellow blues, calling them dicks, pricks, arseholes, Neanderthals, imbeciles etc etc due to the fact that they were singing words you are unhappy about. It is your opinion and you are entitled to your own opinion, just as the rest of the people on here are entitled to theirs. But by abusing them you show yourselves to be just as bad, listen to the irony.
It happens, it's the Derby, many have the reasons for either singing the songs or not, and I seem to remember we still live in a free country. Now get back to reading the Grauniad and leave them to live their lives as they see fit.
Its not just us though ITS THE CLUB!!! THEY HAVE FOR YEARS TRIED TO GET ANY MENTION OF IT REMOVED FROM FANS BRAINS and anyone caught doing it thrown out and banned doesn't matter?? Its ok people saying "it's just a song" BUT MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB DON'T LIKE IT AND WOULD PREFER PEOPLE THAT DID SING IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CLUB!!!!

but the people who have sung it are still supporters and still follow their team all over europe.

Jim1980 said:
We are better than the scum, but just because they think its wrong and hurtful to sing of the dead, we should stop? They should look at their own fans. They are not the only team to suffer tragedy. they cant have one rule for them and one rule for us. Although on the pitch that is exactly what happens
Yes. Because they, and others, think it's wrong and hurtful we should stop. That way we are better than the scum. Leave them to sing about and mock death id they want to, by not reciprocating we'd be simply highlighting how hypocritical and vile they actually are.

kippax88 said:
but the people who have sung it are still supporters and still follow their team all over europe.
And those people in the clubs eyes are not wanted!!! Thats the point they don't want people who think it's ok to sing this attending games tarnishing the name of manchester city in other words the club don't want the type who proudly boast they sing it supporting them!!!!

liamctid said:
mcfcant said:
this site makes me laugh, just been issued a warning for saying i dont care about an ex city player who played 30 years before i was born. ooops sorry!!

i suppose that makes me a sad fan hey.

Forgetting that Frank Swift played for us, and made over 350 appearances for us. Just think of it this way.

He was a man who died in a plane crash at the age of 44.

Now if you say he played 30 years before you were born then I suspect that makes you in your 40's, quote]

no!! im 22, he died 28 years before i was born, which was what i was meant to say........i dont care about munich, i only care about things what have happened in my lifetime....thas just the way i am.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Its not just us though ITS THE CLUB!!! THEY HAVE FOR YEARS TRIED TO GET ANY MENTION OF IT REMOVED FROM FANS BRAINS and anyone caught doing it thrown out and banned doesn't matter?? Its ok people saying "it's just a song" BUT MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB DON'T LIKE IT AND WOULD PREFER PEOPLE THAT DID SING IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CLUB!!!!

And the minute you go down that line, then all atmosphere will be lost and people will be scared to open their mouth for fear of a banning.

Jim1980 said:
We are better than the scum, but just because they think its wrong and hurtful to sing of the dead, we should stop? They should look at their own fans. They are not the only team to suffer tragedy. they cant have one rule for them and one rule for us. Although on the pitch that is exactly what happens

Your argument of "They do it so we shoudl do it" is pathetic. We are in no way better than the scum if we still have idiots singing about Munich.

Bluemoon115 said:
Jim1980 said:

Your argument of "They do it so we shoudl do it" is pathetic. We are in no way better than the scum if we still have idiots singing about ******.

Bang on the money 115.

Glasgow Man City said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:

And the minute you go down that line, then all atmosphere will be lost and people will be scared to open their mouth for fear of a banning.

Yep - Im not a "disaster" singer but if the club start taking action it becomes a very tricky situation - Its about where do you draw the line - as someone siad in a previous post is singing about an accident with boiling water over a ten month old baby or the sexual persuasion of a particular player acceptable or not - we really would "only have one song" if we go down that route.

The only way to reduce the singing of "Munich" is for the majority to show the minority they disapprove.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.