good debate - gone off track

Re: A big Thanks to the Dicks Singing M****h -

Matty said:
M18CTID said:
Yeah, kind of sums up my feelings. As did your post DD. What gets me almost as much as hearing the songs themselves is that some of those criticising won't own up to having done it themselves in the past.
Never chanted it, never will chant it. I hate United with a passion, especially at Derby time, and I'm fully of the opinion that the club treated those directly involved in the tragedy poorly, and that they've milked it like mad for the last half century to make themselves the global entity they currently are. However just because I feel they have cashed in on it doesn't mean I'm going to mock those that died, makes me no better than United and the rags themselves.

You keep referring to people 'mocking' the dead, by this I presume you mean the runway song and not just calling them Munichs? If you mean the latter, how in any way is that mocking the dead?

Didsbury Dave said:
Eddie said:
I've not posted for ages and don't know why I feel compelled to post on this one? My opinion for what it's worth:

I feel that if you sat any City fan down on a one to one basis, that fan would likely agree what a God awful tragedy it was for all those people to have lost their lives at ******. However, place them with another gang of City fans (and a quantity of light ale) and a significant number are more than happy to chant Muncih songs.

I think all this comes down to (amongst other things of course) the baser, tribal/herding instincts of the human psyche. Furthermore, I feel that most people who chant these songs do so purely for antagonistic reasons, somehow bizarrely not correllating the songs to the reality of the tragedy. It's an opportunity for them to display their hatred of one tribe and their belonging to another.

An example of this working in reverse can be seen with United chanting songs about Hilsborough and Marc Foe.

Just an opinon and there to be shot at.

For the record, I'm not proud of it, but have sang many a ****** song in the past but have grown up significantly enough over the last 15 years to not feel the need to do it to prove I'm a Blue.

That's an absolute belter of a post, Eddie, and articulates what I was trying to say better than I did.

Top marks. Here endeth the debate in my opinion.

Yep spot on

True_Blue69 said:
Matty said:
M18CTID said:
Yeah, kind of sums up my feelings. As did your post DD. What gets me almost as much as hearing the songs themselves is that some of those criticising won't own up to having done it themselves in the past.
Never chanted it, never will chant it. I hate United with a passion, especially at Derby time, and I'm fully of the opinion that the club treated those directly involved in the tragedy poorly, and that they've milked it like mad for the last half century to make themselves the global entity they currently are. However just because I feel they have cashed in on it doesn't mean I'm going to mock those that died, makes me no better than United and the rags themselves.

You keep referring to people 'mocking' the dead, by this I presume you mean the runway song and not just calling them *******? If you mean the latter, how in any way is that mocking the dead?
People who claim referring to United fans as M*nichs, but not in the context of the 'Runway song' is different to that song are either deluded or simply lying. The runway song is harsher possibly as it is directly mentioning the aspects of the actual disaster, however any mention of the M*nich word is based on the tragedy and is in no way different in my eyes.

Matty said:
People who claim referring to United fans as M*nichs, but not in the context of the 'Runway song' is different to that song are either deluded or simply lying. The runway song is harsher possibly as it is directly mentioning the aspects of the actual disaster, however any mention of the M*nich word is based on the tragedy and is in no way different in my eyes.

As you have said yourself tho Matty, the rags have used the disaster as a spring board to where they are now, so being devils advocate some people may want to use the phrase "myunic" to emphasise that fact and not mock the dead as is your interpretation.

Im not a user myself as I prefer Rag scum bastard

Matty said:
True_Blue69 said:
Matty said:
M18CTID said:

You keep referring to people 'mocking' the dead, by this I presume you mean the runway song and not just calling them *******? If you mean the latter, how in any way is that mocking the dead?

Ill be honest with you, I think you talk a load of shite and after the post you made a few pages back (quoted below) I cant take anything you say seriously.

'That's because the vast majority of people who actually use the M word are also the kind of person that sees attending as many away games as possible as some kind of 'badge of honour', a way of making themselves superior to those who don't attend away games (or at least not as many).'

mcfcant said:
Citytillidie69 said:
Cheesy said:
Why cringe? No such thing as more equal than others. Just a poster who choses not to abuse others just because they disagree with him. That's the type of poster who I regard as 'well respected'.

Cheesy - did you delete an offending post from MCFCANT as reading back he called Joycee "thick" and Joycee called him a "chav" - iv seen a lot worse (unless it was a deleted post)

i called him a thick **** - joycee im really sorry my well respected friend
Fair enough, fella. Sticks and stones and all that noise.

When did I become respected??

[/quote]
People who claim referring to United fans as M*nichs, but not in the context of the 'Runway song' is different to that song are either deluded or simply lying. The runway song is harsher possibly as it is directly mentioning the aspects of the actual disaster, however any mention of the M*nich word is based on the tragedy and is in no way different in my eyes.[/quote]

Ill be honest with you, I think you talk a load of shite and after the post you made a few pages back (quoted below) I cant take anything you say seriously.

'That's because the vast majority of people who actually use the M word are also the kind of person that sees attending as many away games as possible as some kind of 'badge of honour', a way of making themselves superior to those who don't attend away games (or at least not as many).'[/quote]

I wouldn't say he talks a load of shite but I what I want to know is if he thinks that mocking death is so wrong, why is it okay to mock the death of Jade Goody? I had an explanation which to be quite frank is absolute bollocks so I asked the following question and am still awaiting a reply:

"Right, so a text about Jade Goody's death is okay because her family won't know you sent it. But I bet they're well aware that there are plenty of those texts in circulation mocking her death - just because it might not be traceable back to you doesn't make it any more acceptable."

Personally I think he's being hypocritical.

Joycee Banercheck said:
Fair enough, fella. Sticks and stones and all that noise.

When did I become respected??

lol.. Leave it Joycee.............your just showing off now because you're one of the "chosen few" who are "more than equal".

It seems you have a guardian angel as calling you a "thick c***" is not allowed but calling someone a "fucking moron" is !!!!!!

Benjami left shoulder I hope you did that over 3 years ago geez cause she past away on the 8th February 2006, anyway dont think she was into anal that why my dad left ( Joking , well I hope so anyway )

No hard feelings

MCFC OK

True_Blue69 said:
I'll be honest with you too, your opinion of me doesn't matter a fuck to me. If you're the kind of neanderthal who makes those chants then I'm quite happy to have absolutely fuck all to do with you. Jade Goody died a while back, how about popping down to her house in Essex and chanting how much of a cow she was and how you're glad she died to her kids........

I'd imagine you can't take my posts seriously because there's no-one there to explain them to you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.