gooners on bluemoon...

Fabianski said:
We won three titles at the start of the decade that has so far stopped the mancs from claiming the most succesful side in England. You lot are about to peg Tottenham back to where they belong. We should all be getting along and cheering each other on to do one over on our most hated rivals.

i swear we was in division 1 then :/

p.s where was you when arsenal were sh*t?

dxbroy said:
Fabianski said:
We won three titles at the start of the decade that has so far stopped the mancs from claiming the most succesful side in England. You lot are about to peg Tottenham back to where they belong. We should all be getting along and cheering each other on to do one over on our most hated rivals.

I suspect our tame gunners are perhaps a) too young to remember days before the PL, or b) glory hunters.
BTW, could you please clarify 'stopped the mancs'?

Not sure what your on about in your first post unless your refering to the fights of the old days. yea thats a great idea lets go back to that. :| no I am not a glory hunter I have been an Arsenal fan all of my young life, we have not had glory in the last five years but im not going anywhere.

As to clarify "stop the mancs" its pretty simple, they were the big challengers when we won our titles, if we hadnt they would of probably got an extra three marked up on there records and thus claim to be the biggest and best club in England. It is possible Liverpool or Chelsea could have nicked them but who cares, they didnt.

-- Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:16 pm --

Blue-Eyes said:
Fabianski said:
In theory and recent history you're quiet right. However in practice we are both striving for the same goal now (i.e. realistically a Champions League place maybe being in with a shout of the league at Easter) and we are an obsticle to each other in achieving this.
It's not about doing each other "favours" by getting one over on Spurs and vice versa with United anymore.

If you beat United, great, we get to give their fans some stick. The flip side is you've got another three points.

This is true. I look out your results now with as much interest as Uniteds and Chelsea's (and liverpools but thats just to laugh at them these days)<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:17 pm --<br /><br />Oh I get it now, you dont like United being refered as Mancs.

Fabianski said:
dxbroy said:
I suspect our tame gunners are perhaps a) too young to remember days before the PL, or b) glory hunters.

Not sure what your on about in your first post unless your refering to the fights of the old days. yea thats a great idea lets go back to that. :| no I am not a glory hunter I have been an Arsenal fan all of my young life, we have not had glory in the last five years but im not going anywhere.

As to clarify "stop the mancs" its pretty simple, they were the big challengers when we won our titles, if we hadnt they would of probably got an extra three marked up on there records and thus claim to be the biggest and best club in England. It is possible Liverpool or Chelsea could have nicked them but who cares, they didnt.

I was not in any way referring to violence, I was referring to the fact that football has existed for many more years than the PL. Your response to my comment says a lot about you.
As for my remark about 'stopped the mancs' Although there have been a number of posts on here since referring to that comment since I posted mine, you still don't get it do you?

Fabianski said:
dxbroy said:

-- Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:16 pm --

Blue-Eyes said:
In theory and recent history you're quiet right. However in practice we are both striving for the same goal now (i.e. realistically a Champions League place maybe being in with a shout of the league at Easter) and we are an obsticle to each other in achieving this.
It's not about doing each other "favours" by getting one over on Spurs and vice versa with United anymore.

If you beat United, great, we get to give their fans some stick. The flip side is you've got another three points.

This is true. I look out your results now with as much interest as Uniteds and Chelsea's (and liverpools but thats just to laugh at them these days)
I'm pretty sure he wasn't asking you to clarify that bit. It was a rhetorical question relating to the fact that "the Mancs" you refer to are not "Mancs".

dxbroy said:
Fabianski said:

I was not in any way referring to violence, I was referring to the fact that football has existed for many more years than the PL. Your response to my comment says a lot about you.
As for my remark about 'stopped the mancs' Although there have been a number of posts on here since referring to that comment since I posted mine, you still don't get it do you?

Says a lot about me? Cmon dont beat round the bush say what your thinking.

And as for that comment go back over what iv said...

Fabianski said:
dxbroy said:

not being funny mate but are you a bit slow?

Fabianski said:
I think there has been a lot of arrogance shown by both sets of fans. The city fans seem to think despite never finishing in the top four since it became the holy grail they are now ahead of the likes of Arsenal and United as title challengers due to signing one or two players. They dont realise there a few more hurdles in the way first before that can happen.
In a similar respect I have seen some of our fans dismissing City as a challenge. I think the honest truth is we are both in the best position along with United to challenge Chelsea. I think you have made the signings to push into the top four and Tottenham dont have the resources to stay in the champs league and challenge to get back in it next season but I aso think Arsenal and United have that long long experience of finishing that high aswell as the squads to challenge.

Anyway I have been enjoying my short stay here, have had some good debates, some honest discussions and as we all know theres no point making a sweeping statement about one teams set of fans coz every club will generaly all have cocky fans, vile fans, good fans, arrogant fans, idiotic fans etc etc.

I never take much notice of the league table before new-year....History shows Arsenal will be there......Lets wait till there's about 8 games left to see what needs to be done......Or I know is, is our squad will now last the full season without dropping of on performances....All I want is us being in contention with 8 games to go and an opportunity of winning the league......I have a feeling we will be there or there about...........

Fabianski said:
dxbroy said:

I was referring to the history of 'the beautiful game' you turned it into a reference to violence.

OK, I was typing my response at the same time as you were typing yours, these things happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.