Gordons last night

Re: Can we have your idea's for a meet for drinks, Whose coming?

GStar said:
I'll hopefully be there, not sure on ideas... what would Gordon want, simple pub near the ground before kick off?

me and ste are hooking up with gordon on friday for a couple of pints, so will discuss it with him then. provisionally we are thinking of doing something before the aston villa game.

Re: BBGL we have done it - flights booked! please read pg 43

dollyblue said:
Hello all you good people, just another five hours and we will be on our way to Manchester.
I've tried so hard these past few weeks not to get emotional when I read your kind words, and see the money that you are donating to bring me home, I say home because no matter where I am in the world, Manchester City will always be my home, and that will never change, never!!

So when I entered the Coming home with Etihad Competition, little did I know I at the time something like this was going to happen, all I was looking for at the time was votes.

Etihad had my entry coming from Melbourne and not Perth, I think the only reason for this is, they don't have a stop here in Western Australia, so I was competing with the other entries on the East Coast of Australia, where I could have been winning votes here in the West.

So this is where Gareth and Ste picked up the problem, thinking I didn't stand a chance, especially with all the videos that were being made, so the rest is history, which you were all a part of, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

To Gareth, Ste, and Danny, this has been some marathon, with some sleepless nights, THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! but as Gareth stated before this was a team job, and another person who came to the rescue who doesn't wish to be mentioned, made it possible for my wife to join me on this trip of a lifetime, THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!

And as the Great Man said the other day (Bert Trautmann) Manchester City Fans are the BEST IN THE WORLD!! and who could argue with that?

Thanks again

Gordon. (Dollyblue)

Have to say i'm not normally a goer for stuff like this, tighter than fagans mitts, however reading that mate i'm proud to of been part of such a great and unique gesture by everyone concerned.
don't worry gordon my kid can go bare foot for next six month (O:
And i only drink the best wine......

any updates on final total lads?

Re: BBGL we have done it - flights booked! please read pg 43

warpig said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
any updates on final total lads?

saw ste today and he said we were just over £1300.

Yer as Gaz can vouch. we needed 1281, then we learnt we had to fly him from london to mcr, which was only 44, but he missed that, and had to buy his own flight, obv we will look into that, WERE STOPPING COLLECTING MONEY NOW. We are edging towards the villa game for a meet, club since they picked up on this have been fantastic, BUT this is about the Bluemoon family.

I was saying to Gaz today, that this wont sink in untill we actually meet Gordon, Words cannot describe this man, the man cannot say enough thankyou's, BUT we want everyone to come for a drink before the Villa game, so Gordon and his wife can thank everyone. Untill people realise the whole storey, and the lifes this trip has effected, we will never be able to sum it up, This has been some what short but very long journey, take a look, 6th of March it all started, this will live for me for the rest of my life (im only 22), but me and Gaz really want to thank you all, as the forum would of never been able to achieve this without you.

To any young lad reading, this is proof, if you want something. you can make it happen. *doffs cap* to everyone.

Re: No more donations please. info on pg 50.

Hi
I have to say this is amazing what you have all done
Big pat on the back for you all
I have a mate who is working on an ITV Documentary on the derby/manchester what it means to us etc
I think this would be a great story for the show
Can someone PM me and let me know gordons movements on that day etc
it would be good to get an interview with him about all this
Let me know if he is up for it etc
Cheers

murtaz said:
Hi
I have to say this is amazing what you have all done
Big pat on the back for you all
I have a mate who is working on an ITV Documentary on the derby/manchester what it means to us etc
I think this would be a great story for the show
Can someone PM me and let me know gordons movements on that day etc
it would be good to get an interview with him about all this
Let me know if he is up for it etc
Cheers

we dont usually get out of bed for anything less than sky sports news or one of the nationals mate. however, we will make an exception in this instance seing as though its for you ;)

pm sent.

Never had no doubt for a minute that this was not going to happen. Its what being a Blue is all about, its what makes us what we are, and sets us apart.
One big barmy familiy, till death do us part.

TFSchalke,

Any news on Gordon and his wife. Is he actually in the country with all the problems today. I really hope he has already landed and enjoying a pint of Boddies in good old blighty. I work within the Aviation Industry, and the official line is the UK airspace is closed until Friday 1300 BST, (at the earliest!).

Just let us know if he's arrived!

Being unsure of which dates/flights they are on, I can't give the most specific details but I know you're in contact with Gordon, and I really hope he's made it to the UK, but if not, and for instance he's diverted somewhere else in Europe, my advice would be to get to the coast and the ferry or chunnel across, as I doubt any flights will be flying until at least Sat pm or more probably Sunday pm.

Fingers crossed

If you need me to check anything just let me know. pm me
Dave

Gordon is alive and well, arrived tuesday, im not sure i will be for much longer, im shattered ha.

-- Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:35 am --

one of the best entire days of my whole life. Cheers Arni.

25806_407142385801_546700801_5190239_1265862_n.jpg

25806_407142400801_546700801_5190241_4753499_n.jpg

25806_407142440801_546700801_5190247_4486153_n.jpg

25806_407142310801_546700801_5190228_5499302_n.jpg

25806_407142340801_546700801_5190232_7928351_n.jpg

25806_407142365801_546700801_5190236_8123776_n.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.