Greta Thunberg

In this brave new world will we be giving up cars travel of most kinds and acquiesce to being liquidated when we get to a certain age to prevent too much damage to the environment? How far are we going to go with saving the planet? Should we decrease the population, stop people driving cars, prevent the sale of goods unless they are locally made from renewable raw materials?

What should we do and should we start it tomorrow?

Space travel, we were gung ho going to the moon in the 60s and we’ve ground to a halt on where we have gone in the solar system. If the human race wants to survive ultimately it needs to go to other planets.

Space travel, we were gung ho going to the moon in the 60s and we’ve ground to a halt on where we have gone in the solar system. If the human race wants to survive ultimately it needs to go to other planets.

I completely agree because like it or not we are going to mess this planet up, we need to lose 5 billion people and revert back to cottage industries and even that may not help. Nobody has the answers all the activists pontificating and grandstanding can't change what appears to be human nature and the greed that accompanies it.
The planet will kill us in the end the only hope for us would be an ideology that forces us to become unselfish and put the planet first, the only problem with that ideology is that there will be psychopathic nutters at the top table.

So what? She is a very useful tool for those leaders electorally to say they are doing something about climate change but the fact is none of them are doing anything nor can they.

Why do you think the Paris accord set carbon targets for a date when every signatory would be dead of old age?

I've just read Labour's manifesto and it mentions just two policies. Hell Labour are committing to a mass spending spree that will INCREASE carbon emissions?!?!

The Green Party have one paragraph on actual solutions, all of which will make no difference whatsoever to carbon emissions. Having a solar panel on everyones roofs will. not. work.

I can only handle detail and I'm sorry I really am struggling.

The UK has made massive leaps over the last few years and we’re now around 50% renewable energy. That’s staggeringly good progress but we’re not doing enough and that’s the message.

Having a solar panel on everyone’s roofs won’t work by itself, but if the investment is there in all areas, solar, wind, tide and we invest enough, we can get there.

In my opinion technology will sort the issue directly in the end, either something that will physically cool the earth directly or will massively reduce carbon in the atmosphere by collecting or destroying it, I don’t know but I bet my bottom dollar it’s being worked on now.

For me it’s all about buying them time now by being better, until the resolution is here.

I completely agree because like it or not we are going to mess this planet up, we need to lose 5 billion people and revert back to cottage industries and even that may not help. Nobody has the answers all the activists pontificating and grandstanding can't change what appears to be human nature and the greed that accompanies it.
The planet will kill us in the end the only hope for us would be an ideology that forces us to become unselfish and put the planet first, the only problem with that ideology is that there will be psychopathic nutters at the top table.

Artificial Intelligence will make a lot of the human race redundant in a work sense. It should free these people to think about the bigger picture of seeing what’s out there and finding other planets we can exist on. Sooner we do it the better.

Raising awareness? Raising awareness????

Jesus Christ, how much fucking awareness do you want? It's on every bloody station 24x7. Im sick to death hearing about it and hope it goes away sharpish it may cost me a couple of quid and cause me some inconvenience, sniff

Edited for accuracy following the new policy of bluemoon truth speaking.

In this brave new world will we be giving up cars travel of most kinds and acquiesce to being liquidated when we get to a certain age to prevent too much damage to the environment? How far are we going to go with saving the planet? Should we decrease the population, stop people driving cars, prevent the sale of goods unless they are locally made from renewable raw materials?

What should we do and should we start it tomorrow?

In the future I imagine the human race will invent electric cars, that won’t rely on petrol or Diesel to run...

... oh fuck me wait there’s thousands of them already on the road today.

Edited for accuracy following the new policy of bluemoon truth speaking.
I think it's WILDLY over-dramatised and over the timescales over which these calamities are predicted, it's really not that much of a big deal to be frank.

Things may or may not start to unfold as predicted and if they do, we'll deal with it.

Suffice it to say, I lose absolutely zero sleep over it and think anyone who does, is daft.

I think it's WILDLY over-dramatised and over the timescales over which these calamities are predicted, it's really not that much of a big deal to be frank.

Things may or may not start to unfold as predicted and if they do, we'll deal with it.

Suffice it to say, I lose absolutely zero sleep over it and think anyone who does, is daft.

aye 'appen - fucking experts and evidence eh?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49820542

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-49817804

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.