Greta Thunberg

Yup. Although this is only per capita. The world would benefit most from China going net zero as they produce the most co2 total by a distance
4505741687e39ac3ba869a82852f39fc.jpg
I agree with all of the above apart from the "the world would benefit" bit. I cannot see it making an atom of difference to be honest.

I seriously wonder whether UK politicians (in fact politicians generally) are motivated more by:

(a) Being seen to be very "green" as a potential vote winner
(b) No fucking clue
(c) Spotting the convenient angle of being able to justify whatever tax increases they like in the name of "the climate emergency". How fucking convenient.

Getting reamed by the taxman for everything from petrol to your electricity bill, to you road tax, or going on holidays... all to make very much less than 1% difference in global CO2 output?

I agree with all of the above apart from the "the world would benefit" bit. I cannot see it making an atom of difference to be honest.

I seriously wonder whether UK politicians (in fact politicians generally) are motivated more by:

(a) Being seen to be very "green" as a potential vote winner
(b) No fucking clue
(c) Spotting the convenient angle of being able to justify whatever tax increases they like in the name of "the climate emergence". How fucking convenient.

Getting reamed by the taxman for everything from petrol to your electricity bill, to you road tax, or going on holidays... all to make very much less than 1% difference in global CO2 output?
I'm gonna go with the experts on this one

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

CO2 levels in the atmosphere
Weekly averages

12 January 2020: 412.82 ppm
This time last year: 410.66 ppm
10 years ago: 388.41 ppm
Pre-industrial base: 280
Safe level: 350

Atmospheric CO2 reading from Mauna Loa, Hawaii (part per million). Source: NOAA-ESRL

Scientists have warned for more than a decade that concentrations of more than 450ppm risk triggering extreme weather events and temperature rises as high as 2C, beyond which the effects of global heating are likely to become catastrophic and irreversible.

CO2 levels in the atmosphere
Weekly averages

12 January 2020: 412.82 ppm
This time last year: 410.66 ppm
10 years ago: 388.41 ppm
Pre-industrial base: 280
Safe level: 350

Atmospheric CO2 reading from Mauna Loa, Hawaii (part per million). Source: NOAA-ESRL

Scientists have warned for more than a decade that concentrations of more than 450ppm risk triggering extreme weather events and temperature rises as high as 2C, beyond which the effects of global heating are likely to become catastrophic and irreversible.

I blame that one Thunberg jetting all over the place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.