Guardiola: “If the club wants me, I want to stay here”

Give him a sabbatical. He can't be permitted to actually leave ... leave.

Like most on here would love him to stay ,but he's given us so much, and I imagine it takes a huge effort from him and must be very draining and demanding to maintain such a high standard ,so if anyone ever deserves a break it's him.
Fingers crossed that 'don't shoot ' continues to develope into a good prem manager to carry on the good work. Two more years from Pep and fifteen years from V.K.the Magnificent sounds a plan to me.

I think the chances of de zerbi still being at brighton and still being available in 2025 are basically 0%, he'll either go somewhere else or it'll fall apart at brighton and his stock will crash and we won't want him anyway. Rodgers got serious links with City job off the back of those consecutive 5th placed finishes, now he's going back to Celtic.

Managerial credit can be short lived.

At both Barca and Bayern he was drained by the interference from those above him and indeed he took a year out for a rest.

At City there is no one above him, Khaldoon gives him a free rein. Khaldoon has more pressing issues and his responsibilities stretch to well over £500 Billion in assets. City are just £4 Billion. Pep involves himself in every aspect of the club, the facilities, all the staff, the culture, how they behave etc.....he has free rein.

He is surrounded by friends such as Txiki, Ferran, Omar, Estarte, etc, Pep has built the club in his own image.

He is paid very well and indeed has earned well over £100 million at City.

Where does he go after City, which club can offer the above. Does International football have the same intensity and he said after winning the UCL, we want to win more.

He's staying

We were his biggest challenge but his greatest opportunity. As you say, Barca had a club culture which he had been born and bred into but ultimately it being his first job he needed respite.

Bayern had a long tradition and culture of their own which he probably respected too much. From the much publicised issue with their doctor, and the board and with the fact he was coming into a side that had won the treble.

We didn't have a culture but we had a board who were completely aligned with his approach. New modern training facilities, all the infrastructure there and a willingness to create an academy and first team squad completely committed to his footballing approach and methods.

There are few clubs that could give him that. PSG are one, but not one where domestically he would be challenged enough. Italy has been touted as a potential destination but again those clubs have their culture and infrastructure in place already and lack the money to commit to his ideology the way we have.

If he was to leave City, which I hope he doesn't, the FA have to go balls deep for him. We have St George's Park but they should throw everything at him to enable him to overhaul things. Get the footballing culture and language established, get everything from top to bottom in place and watch England go and finally win things and have the means to continue to do so in the future.

We love turning to the latest winning methods from overseas. Why not actually invest in it by bringing in the greatest manager there is?

Spain and Germany have already had success that coincided with Pep's time there domestically. Under Southgate his influence here is stifled.

Whenever he leaves (and he will) we should be grateful and thankful, fo what he and HIS team have acheived, love the fact that we have won many trophies and cups, but more importantly we haven't played turgid, negative football. His family is growing up in Spain,he seems a man of principle, will see out this contract.

Whenever our time is over with Pep, wow he has given his all and us everything. For me he has never put a foot wrong

Pep has shown the UK how to play the beautiful game, inspite of the number of games played, instead of the physicality of the league, few players we use or the weather. He has produced teams week after week to provide the best football we have ever seen.

This morning Ally McCoist on Talkshite said we have the biggest squad, tried shouting at him but I had to change gears on my bike at the time. We have the best squad, not the biggest, not the most expensive, but may be the most cohesive.

Hope have a few years yet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.