Guardiola: “If the club wants me, I want to stay here”

Give him a sabbatical. He can't be permitted to actually leave ... leave.
One of these days Pep will actually want out, out. And we'll just have to accept it. He's stayed far longer than anyone initially expected so if he left without fulfilling the next 2 years of his current contract for whatever reason he can hold his head up high when he walks out of the door.

I'd really like to see Kompany take over, but only if he's deemed good enough a gamble to take. I'd hate to see him come here and fail and get ripped apart by the press and media, because UK media love nothing better than building someone up to knock them down at the first opportunity. I'm sure City will have a close eye on Vinny and if he does well enough for Burnley next season perhaps the ideal scenario would be to offer Kompany a chance to work with pep for a season before taking charge in two years time.

We simply have to get our next appointment as right as possible. Look at when United appointed Solskjær. He did quite well at first but it transpired that he was well out of his comfort zone in the end, he simply wasn't experienced enough for a job way to big for him. And him being too nice a guy did him no favours as United players didn't have enough respect for him, IMO. But the cheapskate Glazer's got him on the cheap thinking Ole, the club legend would would appease United fans and go on to be a long-term success, and many bought the idea through sheer sentimentality.

We were his biggest challenge but his greatest opportunity. As you say, Barca had a club culture which he had been born and bred into but ultimately it being his first job he needed respite.

Bayern had a long tradition and culture of their own which he probably respected too much. From the much publicised issue with their doctor, and the board and with the fact he was coming into a side that had won the treble.

We didn't have a culture but we had a board who were completely aligned with his approach. New modern training facilities, all the infrastructure there and a willingness to create an academy and first team squad completely committed to his footballing approach and methods.

There are few clubs that could give him that. PSG are one, but not one where domestically he would be challenged enough. Italy has been touted as a potential destination but again those clubs have their culture and infrastructure in place already and lack the money to commit to his ideology the way we have.

If he was to leave City, which I hope he doesn't, the FA have to go balls deep for him. We have St George's Park but they should throw everything at him to enable him to overhaul things. Get the footballing culture and language established, get everything from top to bottom in place and watch England go and finally win things and have the means to continue to do so in the future.

We love turning to the latest winning methods from overseas. Why not actually invest in it by bringing in the greatest manager there is?

Spain and Germany have already had success that coincided with Pep's time there domestically. Under Southgate his influence here is stifled.
Manchester City - lacking culture since 1894

Whenever he leaves (and he will) we should be grateful and thankful, fo what he and HIS team have acheived, love the fact that we have won many trophies and cups, but more importantly we haven't played turgid, negative football. His family is growing up in Spain,he seems a man of principle, will see out this contract.

Whenever our time is over with Pep, wow he has given his all and us everything. For me he has never put a foot wrong

Pep has shown the UK how to play the beautiful game, inspite of the number of games played, instead of the physicality of the league, few players we use or the weather. He has produced teams week after week to provide the best football we have ever seen.

This morning Ally McCoist on Talkshite said we have the biggest squad, tried shouting at him but I had to change gears on my bike at the time. We have the best squad, not the biggest, not the most expensive, but may be the most cohesive.

Hope have a few years yet
Ally McCoist is a fucking knob, always has been, not sure why some on here seem to think he’s ok, he’s not.

One of these days Pep will actually want out, out. And we'll just have to accept it. He's stayed far longer than anyone initially expected so if he left without fulfilling the next 2 years of his current contract for whatever reason he can hold his head up high when he walks out of the door.

I'd really like to see Kompany take over, but only if he's deemed good enough a gamble to take. I'd hate to see him come here and fail and get ripped apart by the press and media, because UK media love nothing better than building someone up to knock them down at the first opportunity. I'm sure City will have a close eye on Vinny and if he does well enough for Burnley next season perhaps the ideal scenario would be to offer Kompany a chance to work with pep for a season before taking charge in two years time.

We simply have to get our next appointment as right as possible. Look at when United appointed Solskjær. He did quite well at first but it transpired that he was well out of his comfort zone in the end, he simply wasn't experienced enough for a job way to big for him. And him being too nice a guy did him no favours as United players didn't have enough respect for him, IMO. But the cheapskate Glazer's got him on the cheap thinking Ole, the club legend would would appease United fans and go on to be a long-term success, and many bought the idea through sheer sentimentality.

We are in safe hands. There will be a squad with plenty of players coached by Pep, his voice and analysis will stay with them. Many have said that through his coaching and detailed tactical plans a lot of what they do is habitual. They react to situations because he has been through them on the training pitch so many times they instinctively know what to do.

Maybe some of his coaches stay to support a new manager...unlikely but a possibility. Whoever it is will have everything in place to continue the success because his influence will still be everywhere. Both Barca and Bayern managed very well when he left!

Vinny has worked wonders at Burnley. Changing their style of play and winning the league. Let's see how he does next season. If Xabi Alonso wasn't a dipper then I would have an eye on him as he is from Pep's school as well. De Zerbi the most logical choice at the moment but we shall see. Hopefully we don't need to worry for another decade!

Was pep proven when he started at Barca?
Of course and several others like paisley, fagan and dalglish at the eternal victims etc

Sure Vince proven to be no Lampard etc already but still it remains to be seen if he's got the stuff for greatness. Could well be another Souness Moyes etc

Where else would any manager want to be than at city? Doubt he would want a return to camp nou as they hounded him out first time despite all the success.

He's done Bayern, fifteen years ago serie A be a possibility not anymore. Is Spain so flourishing with talent nowadays like it was 2008 to 16??

If Catalunya would get independence from Spain could definitely see him being first nation manager there

Where else would any manager want to be than at city? Doubt he would want a return to camp nou as they hounded him out first time despite all the success.

He's done Bayern, fifteen years ago serie A be a possibility not anymore. Is Spain so flourishing with talent nowadays like it was 2008 to 16??

If Catalunya would get independence from Spain could definitely see him being first nation manager there
Was he hounded out? I thought he was exhausted and wanted a one year sabbatical?

"If Catalunya would get independence from Spain could definitely see him being first nation manager there"

Sadly more chance of taking over the rags than Catalunya becoming a Nation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.