Guardiola: “If the club wants me, I want to stay here”

Reading his biography, he had opposition at Bayern from both players and senior club officials, plus a major falling out with club doctors.

And famously Barca made him temporarily walk away from football.

Everything is in place for him at City. The only thing he still has to deal with is press conferences from a 3rd rate media.

In a year's time he will either be going for a 3rd CL in a row, or he'll have just lost a CL and will want to win it back. Either way he has motivation to stay at City.

Reading his biography, he had opposition at Bayern from both players and senior club officials, plus a major falling out with club doctors.

And famously Barca made him temporarily walk away from football.

Everything is in place for him at City. The only thing he still has to deal with is press conferences from a 3rd rate media.

In a year's time he will either be going for a 3rd CL in a row, or he'll have just lost a CL and will want to win it back. Either way he has motivation to stay at City.
The changes to the squad this summer , probably a lot more major changes that anyone expected will refresh everyone at the club including Pep.

Add to that the emergence of Newcastle and the strengthening of the pack of clubs behind us, Will Pep ever find a better scenario that he has now?

Ultimately, no one (not even Pep himself) knows what is going to happen. Two years is a long time in football, so much can change.

The main thing to hope for is that we have a suitable replacement when the time comes. I'm confident that Khaldoon et al will make that happen.

The main thing to hope for is that we have a suitable replacement when the time comes.
Vincent Kompany won't stop at the Championship title — the Burnley boss  wants to make history | Burnley Express

Retiring, travelling the world and playing golf may sound like a nice idea when you are working hard but for football obsessives like Pep the novelty would soon wear off.

Look at Roy Hodgson and Neil Warnock, both 75 this year and still at it because they cannot let go. I think Pep is the same especially now his kids are grown up.

The only thing he will need is challenging and for me there are several challenges still to come at City that are achievable.

1. Go level or surpass United's Champions League's.
2. Go level or surpass Arsenal's league titles to become the third most successful team in English history.
3. Win the new format of the Champions League.
4. Win the new Club World Cup in 2025.

He has it so good here that anything else will be a step back, not only does he run the club and is free to do what he wants (providing he provides the results) but he is also in a league that has many good teams rather than just the two in Spain and Germany.

I think he will be here until he is 60 which is another 7 years. The only thing stopping this is if his kids have grandkids and decide to raise them in Barcelona.

Last edited:
As much as I like and have respect for what he did at city I can't see it leave that sentiment to utd fans wanting ole to be their saviour and ending up a disaster
I'll judge Vks burnley this season when theyre going down once again but won't be surprised if we get get caught cold first game of the season!

Retiring, travelling the world and playing golf may sound like a nice idea when you are working hard but for football obsessives like Pep the novelty would soon wear off.

Look at Roy Hodgson and Neil Warnock, both 75 this year and still at it because they cannot let go. I think Pep is the same especially now his kids are grown up.

The only thing he will need is challenging and for me there are several challenges still to come at City that are achievable.

1. Go level or surpass United's Champions League's.
2. Go level or surpass Arsenal's league titles to become the third most successful team in English history.
3. Win the new format of the Champions League.
4. Win the new Club World Cup in 2025.

He has it so good hear that anything else will be a step back, not only does he run the club and is free to do what he want (providing he provides the results) but he is also in a league that has many good teams rather than just two in Spain and Germany.

I think he will hear until he is 60 which is another 7 years. The only thing stopping this is if his kids have grandkids and decide to raise them in Barcelona.
Big if, but IF he wanted, he could surpass Ferguson’s PL titles. At our current rate, he could probably do it by the time he’s 65. Knock United & Liverpool off their fucking perch.

I honestly think he’s got another treble in him.

Big if, but IF he wanted, he could surpass Ferguson’s PL titles. At our current rate, he could probably do it by the time he’s 65. Knock United & Liverpool off their fucking perch.

I honestly think he’s got another treble in him.
Pep's first seven seasons at City brought trophies that Ferguson could only dream about in his first seven.
Pep pisses all over that **** in every department.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.