Guardiola: “If the club wants me, I want to stay here”

Big if, but IF he wanted, he could surpass Ferguson’s PL titles. At our current rate, he could probably do it by the time he’s 65. Knock United & Liverpool off their fucking perch.

I honestly think he’s got another treble in him.
we could have had the quad! losing to Southampton was a shock in the carabao I'm sure pep and the boys were kicking themselves that night that's our trophy and always the one to win early doors .
Let's see what happens .this season eh

As much as I like and have respect for what he did at city I can't see it leave that sentiment to utd fans wanting ole to be their saviour and ending up a disaster
I'll judge Vks burnley this season when theyre going down once again but won't be surprised if we get get caught cold first game of the season!
Hope they stay up

As much as I like and have respect for what he did at city I can't see it leave that sentiment to utd fans wanting ole to be their saviour and ending up a disaster
I'll judge Vks burnley this season when theyre going down once again but won't be surprised if we get get caught cold first game of the season!
Correct. He's the obvious emotional choice; I get that. And he's worked wonders at Burnley. But he'd need two very impressive seasons in the time that we have Pep for, to be even considered for the gig. Maybe a mid table finish next season, and a push for a ECL spot in 24/25. Managing City would be an enormous step up for him. Would the club "risk" such a move?

A couple of years will tell us everything we need to know. If he gets Burnley into the top half playing the right way then that will be enough to prove his competence. After that, the infrastructure that he inherits and his experience of living and breathing the atmosphere of an elite club which he loves will ensure he keeps us competitive. If Arteta can make Arsenal competitive then I’m 100% certain that Vinny will be as safe a pair of hands as we can get.

when all is said and done, I want a visionary not a pragmatist.

Correct. He's the obvious emotional choice; I get that. And he's worked wonders at Burnley. But he'd need two very impressive seasons in the time that we have Pep for, to be even considered for the gig. Maybe a mid table finish next season, and a push for a ECL spot in 24/25. Managing City would be an enormous step up for him. Would the club "risk" such a move?
Any manager taking over from Pep will be a risk.
Do we want a visionary or a pragmatist? At the minute Vinnie is a disciple but will he be able to take Peps teaching further? Don’t know yet.
If he gets two successful seasons with Burnley and gets them in the top half playing good football then I would say he would be less risk than many. At least he knows how a top, top, elite side operates something that, say DeZerbi lacks just now.

A couple of years will tell us everything we need to know. If he gets Burnley into the top half playing the right way then that will be enough to prove his competence. After that, the infrastructure that he inherits and his experience of living and breathing the atmosphere of an elite club which he loves will ensure he keeps us competitive. If Arteta can make Arsenal competitive then I’m 100% certain that Vinny will be as safe a pair of hands as we can get.

when all is said and done, I want a visionary not a pragmatist.
The expectations of Arsenal and City are vastly different though.

Any manager who comes to City, is top of the league all year then pisses it down the drain by shitting the bed against relegation fodder dross at the end of the season and wins jack shit is getting fired out of a cannon at the end of the season, and rightly so.

I don't want that person to be Vinny Kompany.

IMO anyone who gets the job after Guardiola is on a hiding to nothing. Same as when bacon chops was carted away to the care home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.