Guardiola: “If the club wants me, I want to stay here”

Any manager taking over from Pep will be a risk.
Do we want a visionary or a pragmatist? At the minute Vinnie is a disciple but will he be able to take Peps teaching further? Don’t know yet.
If he gets two successful seasons with Burnley and gets them in the top half playing good football then I would say he would be less risk than many. At least he knows how a top, top, elite side operates something that, say DeZerbi lacks just now.
But what if (playing Devil's advocate here) De Zerbi maintains the rate of progress he's started? Or (whisper it) Arteta, who knows Pep's style of play? I'm pretty sure that 99% of fans on here would love to see Vinnie as our manager, I know I would. The next couple of seasons could be huge for his future career.

Don’t want Arteta back, the fact he never celebrated when we scored against the gunners is the reason why. Anyway Pep is going nowhere a little bird told me

I remain convinced that Pep far more likely to do 20 years at City than he is to leave after the next two.

If I were him I'd want to stay until the rag and dipper league records are wiped off the map.

Me too and I think Gundo will be his replacement.

It's so obvious too..

Name 1 person in the world younger than Pep who:

1. has above average football intelligence,
2. knows his system inside out and
3. likes/ would like to manage some day.

How far off is Gundo from the top of that list?

In a way Gundo leaving is a blessing too.. by the time Gundo returns.. the entire dressing room could look different and he can be merciless.

Don’t want Arteta back, the fact he never celebrated when we scored against the gunners is the reason why. Anyway Pep is going nowhere a little bird told me
Doesn’t his family live in Barcelona though I know his son goes to the games but I don’t know if he lives here. I reckon he signs one more year to make it 10 then goes and I wouldn’t blame him he’s made us become one of the elite teams in Europe and world.

Doesn’t his family live in Barcelona though I know his son goes to the games but I don’t know if he lives here. I reckon he signs one more year to make it 10 then goes and I wouldn’t blame him he’s made us become one of the elite teams in Europe and world.

Have you ever seen Pep in Barca?

He's got 300 mic's in front of him and the spanish media and the madrid loving paparazi hound him non stop as he's a catalan!

Manchester to him is a vacation spot in comparison where he has complete support of the board.

And just think about 1 thing.. where in the world will he get a job that gives him this much support and freedom to do what he wants..

He benched Kompany, Aguero, KDB, Foden, Sterling.. started with 0 DM in the CL final and still he was supported.

Where's he gonna go that'll give him that?

Pep's first seven seasons at City brought trophies that Ferguson could only dream about in his first seven.
Pep pisses all over that **** in every department.
I think sausage features won 4 trophies from 86 to 93. Fa cup, league, league cup and Cup winners Cup. Peps won 12. 8 in front in the same time frame, yet the media and maggots still claim the scotch twat is better!

I hope he stays for the next 20 years, but at some stage he will go. I'm sure he'll give the board plenty of notice of his intentions.

I just don't think he'll leave whilst this Premier League witch hunt against us is still ongoing. Hopefully at some stage he'll extend this current deal.......fingers crossed.

I think he’ll extend a further year taking him to 10, mentioned earlier in the thread.

From there, I’m really not sure. Nobody in their right minds would have expected him to be here for the time that he has, but now in retrospect - you can see why he has done.

The whole project was built for him, but there comes a time where new projects begin as well - and I’m 100% confident they have plans in place for that, likely with Pep’s help.

I think sausage features won 4 trophies from 86 to 93. Fa cup, league, league cup and Cup winners Cup. Peps won 12. 8 in front in the same time frame, yet the media and maggots still claim the scotch twat is better!
I realise that he may have been partial to a "wee dram" or 3. But to label him as a type of whiskey is a tad harsh!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.