Guitar Thread

Attachments

• 426624-0370350536_sqr_ins_cbr_1_nr.jpg
    426624-0370350536_sqr_ins_cbr_1_nr.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 7
Following your link, it looks like my son* will be getting this for Xmas...

* and therefore me :-)

lol

I’ve just tried mine, it arrived yesterday, through my Blackstar s1 45 and I’m impressed. Not tried with my pedal board yet, but it plays and sounds amazing for the price.

bit dark.

Attachments

• F6D40BB7-53E4-4680-AD58-1BB06468D7A5.jpeg
    F6D40BB7-53E4-4680-AD58-1BB06468D7A5.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
lol

I’ve just tried mine, it arrived yesterday, through my Blackstar s1 45 and I’m impressed. Not tried with my pedal board yet, but it plays and sounds amazing for the price.

bit dark.
V nice....think gonna order this evening

lol

bit dark.
Do most new guitars need setting up or are they pretty much decent out of the box? Just wondering as I started with a cheap squire jobby that was like a new instrument once I got someone to adjust the action on it. My other one I got later was given to me so have no idea if it had been altered from new.

Do most new guitars need setting up or are they pretty much decent out of the box? Just wondering as I started with a cheap squire jobby that was like a new instrument once I got someone to adjust the action on it. My other one I got later was given to me so have no idea if it had been altered from new.
It depends on your preferences.
Usually need a tweak for low action so a bit of truss rod adjustment.
You can easily learn to diy it.
There's heaps of you tube videos.

Last edited:
Sometimes you get lucky and it’s not far from perfectly playable. Most guitars come with 9 gauge strings tho, if you prefer 10s (like me) then you may have to adjust for the extra tension.

I got the guitar from Andertons and they will look it over before shipping for free if you ask. If you want a full set up, it will cost extra. Like Nimrod said.. it’s not too hard to adjust.

All guitars need a semi-regular tweak....if used pretty often. One of the main issues with cheaper guitars is that they use cheaper hardware....and the machine heads (tuning pegs) dont hold tune as well...combined with not stretching new strings, it can become frustrating as it always needs retuning.

Do you have a tuner? Play an open string, and then the 12th fret of the same string.....if they not in tune then the truss rod will need adjusted.

Its likely all is OK but, imo, the main things to consider are the machine heads, the truss rod and the bridge

All guitars need a semi-regular tweak....if used pretty often. One of the main issues with cheaper guitars is that they use cheaper hardware....and the machine heads (tuning pegs) dont hold tune as well...combined with not stretching new strings, it can become frustrating as it always needs retuning.

Do you have a tuner? Play an open string, and then the 12th fret of the same string.....if they not in tune then the truss rod will need adjusted.

Its likely all is OK but, imo, the main things to consider are the machine heads, the truss rod and the bridge

Yeah I do all the tuning and changing strings, going to get a decent one soon and hoping it wouldn't need setting up being the lazy tight arse that I am.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.