Guitar Thread

I can 'play' some of his licks, but for the life of me I can't play him - way out of my talent stratosphere.

He is such a brilliant listen............
I’m out of practice.
Haven’t been playing for a few years now, but used to play some of the acoustic stuff.
Home town.
Western plain. Acoustic versions of some electric stuff too.
Well my approximation of them.

I’m thinking of going back to lessons I used to do when Covid is over. Was doing one on one lessons with a Spanish guy for a while and it was great. He was brilliant.

Ah, life when Covid is over.
It’s going to be great.

Who else.
You can buy a limited edition replica for €4299.
I’ve played 2 of them. Insane money, and though he’s one of my favourite guitar players of all time it’s too much for that guitar. Beautiful as it is.

buy a second hand strat and spend the time sanding and try replicate it yourself. I’ve tried in the past too; it’s not easy.

my fender telecaster is wearing nicely now after years of gigs.

Wouldn’t be me.
Loved Rory. It’s iconic, but...
I’m shite and would make a mockery of playing it.
I’ve had a couple of strats, one I brought back from New York was a 1977 strat. Think it was $3k and it pissed all over the Rory signature reissue.

my main gigging guitar for the last 15 years has been a Les Paul Classic which pisses all over both of em

I’ve had a couple of strats, one I brought back from New York was a 1977 strat. Think it was $3k and it pissed all over the Rory signature reissue.

my main gigging guitar for the last 15 years has been a Les Paul Classic which pisses all over both of em
Why must there be so much urinating......... ;-)

What's an equivalent more appropriately priced competitor if you've come across one?
Maybe look at Takamine, eg. The Takamine P1NC Pro Series Acoustic Guitar is a beautiful Japanese made acoustic guitar by Takamine.
Or an American Ovation, if a roundback appeals.
Both would hold their value and are very good acoustics.
I'D buy second hand I always do.. preferable to paying new prices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.