Gundogan to sign new contract?

don’t rate him at all. hopefully the signing of a contact extension is to future proof a transfer fee.
Appreciate he is not everyone's favourite, but he was excellent last season and is a valuable member of the squad

Class act imo, much better than a lot on here seem to think.
Important player for us over a season
I’m not sure ANYONE has said he isn’t a class act. His problem is that there is no one in the starting XI/XV that he unseats, so his playing time looks limited and HE might not want that going into his sunset years while looking for his last big contract, and City might not be interested in giving him that contract.

After last season, he should be able to get game time and money elsewhere. But, let’s nope they didn’t see his cameo at Wembley this weekend, eh?!

I don’t mind him signing a new contract, especially with two experienced midfielders likely to leave in the next season or so, but what I do struggle with is deciding on his best position. I admit that he doesn’t have the energy and physique to cover the defensive position against the very best teams, but he does have the necessary retention skills to play in that position when the four defenders can offer support. However, he does not seem to play as well on the half turn further up the park, which are the positions the Silvas, Foden, and de Bruyne find easier to play. For me, he’s at his best when he faces the play, in the sense of facing the opposition, and gets to dictate the pace of the game.

P.S. Sunday’s ‘performance’ was not considered when formulating the above.

Last edited:
I’m not sure ANYONE has said he isn’t a class act. His problem is that there is no one in the starting XI/XV that he unseats, so his playing time looks limited and HE might not want that going into his sunset years while looking for his last big contract, and City might not be interested in giving him that contract.

After last season, he should be able to get game time and money elsewhere. But, let’s nope they didn’t see his cameo at Wembley this weekend, eh?!
But he'll cover for the inevitable injuries and thats why he's important

David Silva is leaving next summer and Gundogan has a lot of quality so we need him. I would be very surprised if we signed another midfielder next year, considering we would have both Gundogan and Foden when Silva leaves.

The only issue I see with him, is that he is a pussy.

That aside he is a quality footballer.

But he'll cover for the inevitable injuries and thats why he's important
I think he wants more than that at this stage in his career, that’s all.

Like him. Class act. Can find a pass. Scores goals. Brilliant penalty taker. Excellent free kick taker. Not a starter, because he is a jack of all trades but master of none.

He is an excellent squad player, but they generally don’t get large handshake contracts.

I think he wants more than that at this stage in his career, that’s all.

Like him. Class act. Can find a pass. Scores goals. Brilliant penalty taker. Excellent free kick taker. Not a starter, because he is a jack of all trades but master of none.

He is an excellent squad player, but they generally don’t get large handshake contracts.

Don’t agree. He is one of the best number 10s in the world. His issue is he is playing behind David Silva but that may well change this season as Dave starts to wind down.

Don’t agree. He is one of the best number 10s in the world. His issue is he is playing behind David Silva but that may well change this season as Dave starts to wind down.
You’re entitled to your opinion, but it’s crazy IMHO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.