Happy 25th Anniversary of Paul Dickov Day

Arguably the most important goal in our history. More so than Aguero, or Yaya in the semi final or Rodri in Istanbul. Or even Jo against Portsmouth.
No argument from me. This goal was key, before he scored it it felt like we were going to go into a downward spiral and become a lesser club (I hate typing this but that is how I felt and it hurt). As soon as it went it my non-city mate said city are winning this now and obviously he was right. But more importantly it felt like city were back and no one was going to stop us. The consecutive promotion, even the following relegation felt like a small step back before a stronger step forward. I know there were a few dodgy moments after that but I think our big club status was assured and once the Sheikh took over the sky was the limit. From the 81 FA Cup final until the 4peat fans of a certain age have been on a hell of journey which has character built us and then rewarded us for our loyalty. What an experience. Thankyou Paul Dickov!

The crucial point was Gillingham's 2nd goal.

All around the pitch they were on the lying on the floor, celebrating like it was game over.

They just stopped playing.

And we just started.

Me and my mate (whose on here) went and we were going to stay for 2 nights, but the thought of "Typical City" meant we just stayed the 1.

Boy what a rollercoaster, so back to Euston despartately wanting to get shitfaced and the train back to Manchester was "Dry" what a trip back that was but with no ale. CTID

I remember not realising Butters penalty was the final one, going crazy when it was saved, and realising that we’d won when the hugging didn’t stop.

The resurrection of Manchester City.

My brother had also left and missed the goal, he was actually on the tube when Dickov scored and had left the Etihad as couldn't take it anymore when Aguero scored. That's what you get for leaving early.
Your brother is a right soft **** and you need to sort him out;-)

The crucial point was Gillingham's 2nd goal.

All around the pitch they were on the lying on the floor, celebrating like it was game over.

They just stopped playing.

And we just started.

I think the manager and the Gillingham fans City fans thought it was over at 2.0, Tony Pulis took both strikers off and then the board went up 5 minutes injury time and then as they say City luck changed, It was a poor game truth be told and City could not get going, The weather was crap and the pitch was very heavy and the ball was zipping around,

I think for me anyway, it was the day City stopped thinking we should not be in this league or in this mess, We were in a right mess and we did deserve to be in League 2, It was so poor right from the boardroom to the playing staff all thought we are Manchester City we can not lose we are too big a club for this ??

They say a game of football can change in the blink of an eye, Well Manchester City football club changed within the blink of an eye, That win in the playoff final changed the whole mentality of the club, When faced with the darkest point in our history something changed,

Maybe it's when facing that lowest point, You can still change it and rise up and believe it's never over
I am saying this as the whole Shabang. Board Members, Management, Players. Fans, Everybody is part of this and believe in that moment and you can still play a major part in the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.