Harry Kane

He could and indeed would have quite easily said “I will be returning to the club tomorrow, as planned. I am fully committed to enjoying a successful season ahead with Nuno, my teammates and the Spurs fans”

He pointedly chose not to say any such thing. But he did choose to say “While I won’t go into the specifics of the situation”…

All part of the propaganda war
As soon as his “strike” was announced, info was leaked that he was going back to Spurs at the end of the week.

This is the rub.

Levy is in a weak position because of the colossal debt the club is in. They need to sell.

City won’t match their price of north £100M.

Levy will need to take a reality pill, swallow his knob, and sell for an undisclosed fee which will be nearer the £100M city are willing to spend....

imo.
I don't think City will sign Kane in this window even though we know are interested. That's not enough for a contracted player. The question now is do we buy a striker?

Problem is without him they could even slip to mid/lower table, with him top 6, big difference in prize money and possible drop off in attendances without him if they struggle.
Footballing aside, Spurs as a going concern is in serious doubt....unlesss they make inroads into their debt and/or convince their creditors they have it under control. That’s the bigger issue for me...

Maybe with Pep saying we are interested (something he never does with other teams players) and Harry releasing a statement the deal maybe agreed but not made public whilst Tottenham are in the market for players. Once Tottenham have bought it will be sorted quickly. This is what happened with Jack.

Problem is without him they could even slip to mid/lower table, with him top 6, big difference in prize money and possible drop off in attendances without him if they struggle.
Well they got 7th last season with Kane needing to score 23 goals and get 14 assists, it's not guaranteed they do as well this year. Especially when Kane doesn't want to be there and he was the one who dragged them along, an unhappy Kane will affect morale.

I think Spurs now need to sell more than we need to buy, we have more options, which means we aren't meeting the stupid price they want.

Footballing aside, Spurs as a going concern is in serious doubt....unlesss they make inroads into their debt and/or convince their creditors they have it under control. That’s the bigger issue for me...
A half decent season, top 8, decent attendances, NFL games later in the year and the pressure will be relieved , but it's a hell of a gamble and as we see with Barca and we have seen in the past ourselves under Swales , it can quickly get out of control.

This is the rub.

Levy is in a weak position because of the colossal debt the club is in. They need to sell.

City won’t match their price of north £100M.

Levy will need to take a reality pill, swallow his knob, and sell for an undisclosed fee which will be nearer the £100M city are willing to spend....

imo.

I think United would be in for him next season if he was still at Spurs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.