Harry Kane

They've just signed that centre back for 45m and people say they're skint. 70m spent so far would suggest they're very flush or they know Kane is going
Yep. It is amazing.

This 100m (or £70m + Delap on loan) for Kane is like the Coutinho money.

According to the great and good on here. We will pay off £900m worth of debt and refresh the entire squad. And Levy and Enic will trouser a few hundred million for themselves.

This deal is looking better and better for Spurs

If the stoke deal isn't signed, I would offer them Delap on a year long loan(no option to buy, we want him back), and if he wants to go Laporte losing I am Eric not my prefered option but once a player wants to go let them I say

They don't need a LB so Mendy off the table and Berny itching for a return to the Med.

They won't have a striker and their CB are average, plus I think Delap would get more out of playing in the Prem in a top 6-10 team.

Just a thought, might be a bad one but if they want players in the deal I see no one else we want to lose.
I doubt Delap is ready to be thrown in at tge deep end for us or anyone else in the PL. I'd keep him and build up his game time slowly.

I think the opposite. I think this is virtually dead.

I agree.

At this point in time.

Not because of what Kane's said bte, which is totally predictable and to script. But because of what Pep said. He is clearly happy to portray that this is unlikely, arguably even impossible.

For now.

I doubt Delap is ready to be thrown in at tge deep end for us or anyone else in the PL. I'd keep him and build up his game time slowly.
I would not let him out on loan if we don't buy a striker. Thing is though I think Torres and Jesus are more likely to play as a striker if we set up that way.

It would be great if a young player came through this season. If only we could have seen Torres a bit more as a striker. I was hoping to see him play as a striker again after the Newcastle hat-trick

I guess when City first spoke to Kane the latter gave his true reflection of the “gentleman’s agreement” which would have given City encouragement to bid.

The problem is that Kane misjudged his conversation with Levy hence him going on strike.

City have to wait for Kane and Levy to be on the same page and then start negotiations again. They might then be able to settle at around £125 million. At the moment I don’t think either side is budging.

From our side it’s very unusual to have no alternative to a target. The Messi situation may actually help but it looks like that’s moving too quickly for us to use to our advantage.

it is starting to look like if we don’t get Kane we don’t buy a striker. Now it’s better to buy nobody than make an expensive mistake but letting Aguero go and not replacing him doesn’t seem very clever either.

Its not that we can’t win things without a striker, as we proved last season, it’s more that we would be even better with a really good one.

Kane is obvious but if get near the end of August and there’s nothing doing I really hope we have come up with a clear alternative. Right now I can’t think of one because Andre Silva has gone to Leipzig, Mbappe doesn’t want to come and Haaland just looks too expensive for anyone in the World.

Last edited:
I agree.

At this point in time.

Not because of what Kane's said bte, which is totally predictable and to script. But because of what Pep said. He is clearly happy to portray that this is unlikely, arguably even impossible.

For now.

Pep lies. Constantly. Often it seems like there's no real advantage to him lying but he always does it with the team's best interests in mind.

I don't see what the advantage is of Spurs letting their fans unfairly hate and abuse Kane for a whole week if they're planning on keeping him. If he really did have permission to skip training and they weren't trying to make him the bad guy then they surely would have put the word out so as to keep the fans on his side.

I guess when City first spoke to Kane the latter gave his true reflection of the “gentleman’s agreement” which would have given City encouragement to bid.

The problem is that Kane misjudged his conversation with Levy hence him going on strike.

City have to wait for Kane and Levy to be on the same page and then start negotiations again. They might then be able to settle at around £125 million. At the moment I don’t think either side is budging.

From our side it’s very unusual to have no alternative to a target. The Messi situation may actually help but it looks like that’s moving too quickly for us to use to our advantage.

it is starting to look like if we don’t get Kane we don’t buy a striker. Now it’s better to buy nobody than make an expensive mistake but letting Aguero go and not replacing him doesn’t seem very clever either.

Its not that we can’t win things without a striker, as we proved last season, it’s more that we would be even better with a really good one.

Kane is obvious but if get near the end of August and there’s nothing doing I really hope we have come up with a clear alternative. Right now I can’t think of one.
Messi moving fast only in the eyes of Paris

More to come from Messi side yet

Don’t think for one minute he will come here but staying at barca

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.