Harry Kane

Relevant to discussing Kane though

Still think we will get Kane but after we have played Spurs

It's probably moving that fast because he wants PSG and the fact he doesn't have a club.

I hope your right mate about Kane we do need a forward. If it's true what Pep said about 3 or 4 wanting to leave and we only sign Grealish we haven't improved.

I guess when City first spoke to Kane the latter gave his true reflection of the “gentleman’s agreement” which would have given City encouragement to bid.

The problem is that Kane misjudged his conversation with Levy hence him going on strike.

City have to wait for Kane and Levy to be on the same page and then start negotiations again. They might then be able to settle at around £125 million. At the moment I don’t think either side is budging.

From our side it’s very unusual to have no alternative to a target. The Messi situation may actually help but it looks like that’s moving too quickly for us to use to our advantage.

it is starting to look like if we don’t get Kane we don’t buy a striker. Now it’s better to buy nobody than make an expensive mistake but letting Aguero go and not replacing him doesn’t seem very clever either.

Its not that we can’t win things without a striker, as we proved last season, it’s more that we would be even better with a really good one.

Kane is obvious but if get near the end of August and there’s nothing doing I really hope we have come up with a clear alternative. Right now I can’t think of one because Andre Silva has gone to Leipzig, Mbappe doesn’t want to come and Haaland just looks too expensive for anyone in the World.
It’s not clever mate it’s a really stupid idea and it will come back to but us as Torres and Jesus are nowhere near good enough to carry us this season. Last season was a unique season and we Did great but this season is totally different and we really need that striker .

I guess when City first spoke to Kane the latter gave his true reflection of the “gentleman’s agreement” which would have given City encouragement to bid.

The problem is that Kane misjudged his conversation with Levy hence him going on strike.

City have to wait for Kane and Levy to be on the same page and then start negotiations again. They might then be able to settle at around £125 million. At the moment I don’t think either side is budging.

From our side it’s very unusual to have no alternative to a target. The Messi situation may actually help but it looks like that’s moving too quickly for us to use to our advantage.

it is starting to look like if we don’t get Kane we don’t buy a striker. Now it’s better to buy nobody than make an expensive mistake but letting Aguero go and not replacing him doesn’t seem very clever either.

Its not that we can’t win things without a striker, as we proved last season, it’s more that we would be even better with a really good one.

Kane is obvious but if get near the end of August and there’s nothing doing I really hope we have come up with a clear alternative. Right now I can’t think of one because Andre Silva has gone to Leipzig, Mbappe doesn’t want to come and Haaland just looks too expensive for anyone in the World.
Frankly I find it extraordinarily that a £billion dollar club like City are relying on an alleged third party gentleman’s agreement to buy a £100m asset.

And you call Spurs amateurs…

Frankly I find it extraordinarily that a £billion dollar club like City are relying on an alleged third party gentleman’s agreement to buy a £100m asset.

Our players aren’t not turning up for training. Chalk and cheese with how our two clubs are ran. Kane wanting to join us may hurt but don’t turn into a bell end.

Nothing ventured nothing gained. Normal practice to talk to the player first. I doubt we were relying on it.

The gentlemans agreement has nothing to do with City. Its between Kane and Levy. We aren't depending on anything, we bid and if its good enough Spurs will accept. Kane obviously thinks that he should be allowed to move and Levy doesn't. If Levy doesn't accept our bid we can't do anything, but the issue will be between Kane and Levy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.