Harry Kane

Would people rather we pay £160m and have a striker for the season, or not cave in and not get him?
I want him in.
He’ll score a hatful of goals for us and he’s only just turned 28, nailed on success if he comes here, the next best striker to Sergio and he wants City.
And now that we’ve got Jack we are going to need a penalty taker.
The money men can sort out how much they want to pay, if it’s 160m (seems high) then so be it.

This debt really needs to stop being brought up, its a manageable long term debt, we bring in a lot more in stadium revenue than is owed back each year. It's perfectly normal for football clubs to operate with long term debt repayments to be made, it's a nice story for papers to run and Levy likes to use it as a negotiating tactic, but truth is we've spent more than ever since moving into the new stadium.

If we were strapped for cash and desperate the deal would of been done already, this is clearly not a smooth transfer, City don't want to pay over the odds, as a club generally I've been impressed with this about you lot, when a team/player is asking for too much you typically walk away. My belief is Kane was advised to not come back to training to put pressure on Levy to do a deal, it clearly has not worked and Kane is reluctant to completely ruin his relationship with the fans and continue his strike (although it may be too late for that).
http://stadiumdb.com/news/2021/02/london_spurs_in_serious_debt_over_stadium_construction

It seems Spurs are moving money around & extending their debt. It's reckoned that you can service your long term debt, but looking at the figures, it leaves little manoeuvre for major signings going forward, without major sales.

Levy is a notoriously tough negotiator, & where Kane is concerned it raises 3 questions...

1. Do Spurs GENUINELY want to keep Kane, or are they playing hardball for the £150m they want?

2. Spurs have kicked a £175m repayment to the BoE until next March, & there's talk of turning that loan into bonds to further delay its repayment. Can Spurs afford not to sell a key asset to ease short term issues exacerbated by the pandemic?

3. If Kane remains, the one major asset you have will begin to depreciate. What then? Bills still have to be paid, loans repaid & the squad kept fresh. Unless Spurs have a nursery of potential Kane's on the horizon, what's the plan to keep up with the Top 6 football squad arms race? Will Spurs fans be happy with a shiny new stadium, but no major success on the pitch & the real prospect of no Champions League football either?

£160M is stupid when we have alternatives. Yes it would be great to have a top striker but we weren't to shabby with goals scored last season with only 6 from Aguero. I would rather we added most of that money to our transfer kitty and spent some on a left back.

Still think it’ll eventually get done at approx £125mil with about £25mil off add ons of the ilk of winning Chumps League, Harry winning Ballon D’Or etc etc. Ones where we will be happy to pay them as it’ll mean we’ve done some damage.

Anything over around £130m to me is an extreme over pay. I know people say “not my money” or say things like but “why does it matter”. Well frankly it does matter for city as a club going forward. A £130m fee with most likely £350k in wages over 5 years would equal a £44.2m hit in expenses per year for city. That would equal to about 9% of our revenue per year if our revenue was around the ~500m. For FFP reasons and future proofing future upgrades that is a huge gamble to put in 1 player.

Did you guys manage to negotiate for Kyle Walker or did you have to pay what Levy wanted in the end?

Edit: I realise this is obviously a very different and harder deal

It was levy wouldn’t except anything less than 150m why has it moved to 160m levy and his arse lickers in the media hey levy must throw them one hell of bone every now and then to keep spurs relevant and keep the myth of Levy Alive!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.