Harry Kane

The classic internet forum shit football knowledge has hit rock bottom. Yes, the Lukaku who's hit 20+ goals in 7 of his 11 seasons and got 64 goals in 95 Inter appearances. The one who's better than any City striker not called Sergio Agüero that most of us have been alive to see. Who cares if he slightly underperformed at United? So does everyone Mourinho manages.

And Pep wouldn't have had to tinker if he had a decent striker to put up front in the CL final.
Lukaku is a very good player and I get the message you are trying to make, but he is nowhere near as good as Anelka.

Now this is what we're waiting for, fully expect things to happen after the game next weekend, some face to face chats and then harry gets on the plane back with us

Do they have the same source as tolmie or have they just added some random numbers to what tolmie said on here?

How many golden boots did he win in the PL. I think you will find he had one very good season 16/17 the rest were average but dont let a few facts get in the way of your adulation.
These are the numbers for all the seasons Lukaku was playing in the Premier League.

2012/13 - 17 league goals
2013/14 - 15 league goals
2014/15 - 10 league goals
2015/16 - 18 league goals
2016/17 - 25 league goals
2017/18 - 16 league goals
2018/19 - 12 league goals

In the first season, he played for a West Brom side that finished 8th (their best ever). From 2013 to 2017, he played for an Everton side that flitted between pushing for Europe and mid-table. In his last season at United, he wasn't an automatic starter.

Even if you take out his "one very good season", he averaged 15 league goals every season. That is very impressive considering the sides he played in.

this discussion of "was lukaku good or not in the PL" is completely useless, because this entire discussion hangs on the fact that he's *NOT* the same player he was in the PL. that he's improved massively since then, which he has. I don't feel like there's merit in discussing the achievements of lukaku in the PL, because if we were to be interested in him, we wouldn't be getting that player. we'd be getting the monster that he's become since. chelsea will be getting that, sadly.

I'm not praying for it, but if we miss out on Kane and pre-sign Halaand in January, I won't be too mad.
I'd wager heavily that if we didn't sign Kane this summer, our follow-up target would be to sign Kane next summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.