Harry Kane

I get it. Haaland is a weird and rare combination of having City connections and being the modern generational talent complete with Raiola as an agent and all the hype that surrounds his clients. The kids are absolutely wet for him.
See, my only question is. Where do City stand on Haaland? I get soon as they heard of Kane wanting a move to us it was just all him and no one else. But surely, we'd not have lost interest in Haaland just a few months after talks of seriously pursuing him, surely they knew Kane would not be as easy as well, or is it just the Dortmund factor putting us off negotiating with them? All speculation aside.

Haaland has to want to come to City for us to be actually interested in him, if neither the club or player are moving an inch why would we bother? The FIRST move from Haaland's camp after season was to travel to La Liga and shop him around ffs. Now he's not available for sale, some of you lot won't give up.
Why are people so bothered at the slightest mention of Haaland? I understand he’s probably not available now. We’re still allowed to discuss him. And no one needs to defend Kane like a son or a brother yet. He isn’t our player yet. We can talk about these situations in all of their complexities

Well, Haaland simply isn't available, that's unfortunately the case here. Hence they moved for Lukaku, who obviously fits them down to a t. They could have come for Kane btw, but they did not. That tells me they know who his preference is and where he'd go to if a transfer occurred.

Let's give it a bit more time, I would panic if it was the last week of transfer window with no striker.
You’re wasting your time on that one. He’d have a meltdown if we switched to Lukaku claiming it’s a panic buy and we didn’t research Kane properly and therefore had no plan. He’ll drain your life force if you engage him. Best to hit the ignore button.

You sound like a Villa fan. Bernardo has given his best for us over a number of seasons. He has been a big part of us winning lots of trophies. He wants a change in scenery. Fair play to the bloke.
I'm sorry, but tough moments are where a player's true personality shows. Bernardo's alleged unsettled state has been since the Mendy/socials incident and he could not handle being called a racist. His form dropped that season as well, and what was his first response? I want out, I want Barcelona. Albeit, he stayed another season, had a good run for a couple months, and now, his state is, he still wants gone. That is pathetic behaviour. We are not the ones binning him btw, we know his quality, we kno what he's capable of, but where's his love for us? Change of scenery is the easiest way out of a club. He's challenging for everything he can possibly dream of at City, he won't be getting an upgrade elsewhere, he's loved and adored by the squad and Pep, but if he's still not satisfied, I'm sorry, fuck him. He can go, and anyone else sharing that sentiment can piss off as well. This is what I love about Pep, he wants his players to be fully committed, if they're not, he doesn't give a single fuck about their ego.

Why are people so bothered at the slightest mention of Haaland? I understand he’s probably not available now. We’re still allowed to discuss him. And no one needs to defend Kane like a son or a brother yet. He isn’t our player yet. We can talk about these situations in all of their complexities
There's no issue in discussing, just making sure the facts are know, at least. I rate Haaland, I would love him at City but there's factors init. It's not like we'd get some 3rd rate player in Arry, we would have the best striker in the league by some distance. And under Pep, oof. How can you not be excited over that?

I get it. Haaland is a weird and rare combination of having City connections and being the modern generational talent complete with Raiola as an agent and all the hype that surrounds his clients. The kids are absolutely wet for him.

It's nothing to do with "hype", it's to do with numbers, plain and simple. He's broken several CL goalscoring records and he has the speed of an olympic sprinter. He's clearly a better striker than Kane.

Irrelevant anyway as he's shown his main motivation is money. He'll end up at United.

A year is a longtime in football. Kane sorts the next Three or four minimum which is more than enough.
People seem to think Haaland will be the only good striker around in 4 years time its bizarre. Who knows who will emerge in those years. Perhaps even our own Liam Delap will have a Kane like explosion onto the scene at the top level.

See, my only question is. Where do City stand on Haaland? I get soon as they heard of Kane wanting a move to us it was just all him and no one else. But surely, we'd not have lost interest in Haaland just a few months after talks of seriously pursuing him, surely they knew Kane would not be as easy as well, or is it just the Dortmund factor putting us off negotiating with them? All speculation aside.

Dortmund aren't selling this summer, and we are buying a 9 this summer. For me it's that simple really. The key was them qualifying for the CL. Soon as that happened I think it became apparent that he wasn't going to be on the market.

Also notwithstanding that, its obvious that Pep personally wants Kane. So the club will focus on getting him (I think he ends the window a City player FWIW).

I'm sorry, but tough moments are where a player's true personality shows. Bernardo's alleged unsettled state has been since the Mendy/socials incident and he could not handle being called a racist. His form dropped that season as well, and what was his first response? I want out, I want Barcelona. Albeit, he stayed another season, had a good run for a couple months, and now, his state is, he still wants gone. That is pathetic behaviour. We are not the ones binning him btw, we know his quality, we kno what he's capable of, but where's his love for us? Change of scenery is the easiest way out of a club. He's challenging for everything he can possibly dream of at City, he won't be getting an upgrade elsewhere, he's loved and adored by the squad and Pep, but if he's still not satisfied, I'm sorry, fuck him. He can go, and anyone else sharing that sentiment can piss off as well. This is what I love about Pep, he wants his players to be fully committed, if they're not, he doesn't give a single fuck about their ego.
I think the club agree with your sentiments in regards Bernardo, but he's going nowhere unless a suitable bid comes in from another club, which at the moment, just doesn't seem to be happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.