Harry Kane

Yeah it's a good strategy and apparently had a German core at Bayern and a Spanish one at Barca. Can see the logic in him trying to build an English core to us for his next team.
Never remembered to ask, what did you think of Pep talking about Kane in the press conference? Think he'll start doing that now or is it a one off?

In general Pep's comments were remarkably open. Saying Bernardo wants to leave plus two or three others. The Kane stuff just cemented that he is absolutely desperate for him and I think they know a deal can be done. Ultimately if Harry Kane wasn't for sale as media keep peddling, City would've moved on a long time ago. Pep knows, and the club know, there's a price, and I suspect if push comes to shove they'll go to the price.

It is rare that we're in for such high profile players so it feels like unique circumstances with Kane. Personally I'd love to add Saka and Bellingham next summer but that's fantasy football talk haha.

Right now I don’t agree Haaland is better than Kane.

I don’t trust what I see as I don’t see enough so I look at the data the same as City will do as part of their analysis.

One of the most important stats is the difference between Actual Goals and Expected Goals. Right now..

1. Messi
2. Kane

Also Kane creates more than Haaland and fits how we play better which is why Pep prefers him for City.

I think Haaland will be a better Striker than Kane ever was in the future but that is a guess and City want the best now while Pep is still here.

Then we get to the fact that Haaland isn’t going anywhere this window and anyone that tries will fall foul of FFP. I can see a bidding war next year for both fee and wages despite the buyout clause.His agent will insist on another buy out clause so he can repeat the same trick over and over. His agent and his father also want to get paid huge bucks over and over too.

All in all Haaland comes with loads of baggage. To contradict myself in terms of not believing what I see I think Haaland looks a generational talent and I’d love to see him here but when we played Dortmund he hardly touched the ball and it was Bellingham that shone.

Everything taken into consideration right now and living in the real World Kane is a better bet than Haaland. Not as exciting true but still better.

Good post.

Maybe the prices of English players will go up even more if they bring in any new rules saying you have to have so many British players in the squad.
Hence why we were happy to splash big money on Grealish and probably Kane.

The club arn't stupid, changes are on there way with non UK players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.