Harry Kane

He plays for Dortmund, Kane plays for Spurs. Context also matters. Dortmund are the only team capable of giving Bayern a title challenge, Spurs don't have that luxury, winning a league cup equivalent also doesn't make him better than Kane. He also plays in Bundesliga, league popular for making strikers look way better than they are. Remember Paco Alcacer? Bas Dost? Yeah. He's quality but I'd rather not overrate him just yet. Let him move to one of the big boys and show his worth, then we'll know if he's generational. Casually throwing that is a bit wild.
This of course is a compilation of cliches. Dortmund isn’t the only team capable of giving Bayern a title challenge. Right now no team can, but last season they came very close to not finishing in the CL zone. And Leipzig were far better. Dortmund beat a better team in the final and he scored twice. Spurs faced us in the final. We were the better team, yes, but we won 1-0 with a goal by Laporte. I’m not buying that the so-called greatest Premier League striker couldn’t have done anything on that game. And that’s just one example. I’m also tired of debating other leagues with some English fans with a certain attitude. Your reasoning could very easily also imply that Lewandowski is a fraud since he only shined for German teams. Haaland has faced teams from several leagues including scoring against Liverpool at Anfield, and not even for Dortmund, but for Salzburg. I could also say: let’s see if Vardy would have done as well in a different league. But that’s a weak point and I won’t make it.

My main point was it's not "hype" when people hope for Haaland. He's an absolutely incredible player.

Incredible players tend to generate an incredible amounts of hype. I wasn't talking Haaland down when I said he was hyped.

I also think it is worth baring in mind guys like Raiola want their clients to be linked with mega-moves every year whether they move or not. Keeps their profile very high. That is also the sort of hype I'm talking about.

If we're considering paying 150m for Kane we really need to bale out and spend it on Haaland.
I am of the same opinion. I had concluded that the Kae deal talk was empty because the media were reporting that City were miles short of Spurs valuation but Tolmie is very reliable. If he says that a deal is still on, I believe it. I don't see the sense in bidding for Kane at £120m plus when he's 28. If you are prepared to pay that sort of money, Haaland makes more sense.

You don’t know that. In fact journalists who people on this forum take as being very well informed said we were. We also were linked with other strikers last summer. It wasn’t jusy Kane. We were linked with Haaland over a year ago already. Think all you want that Kane has been “the one all along”. This isn’t what the evidence shows. I am more willing to buy the theory that he has been more seriously considered this time for “having chosen us” or whatever. That at least make more sense
When pep called Spurs the “Harry Kane team” that was the start of the legal tapping up process (public praise not secret meetings). October 2017.

Incredible players tend to generate an incredible amounts of hype. I wasn't talking Haaland down when I said he was hyped.

I also think it is worth baring in mind guys like Raiola want their clients to be linked with mega-moves every year whether they move or not. Keeps their profile very high. That is also the sort of hype I'm talking about.
He didn’t pull up trees against us did he? One opportunity and Dias matched him.
It’s a bit simplistic to think that just because he’s doing great now that anyone else not scoring quite so many won’t be as good or potentially better.
What a player drogba was for Chelsea and how well suited to the league. He started his career quite slowly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.