Harry Kane

Because when it comes to FFP the £130m fee isn’t whats counted. If he signed a 6 year deal they split the fee over the term, so we only need to account for just under £22m a season, add in Grealish’s at just under £17m a season then that’s £39m plus wages we account for just on those two.
What did we get for winning the PL? Runners up in the CL final? The Cup? What’s the sponsors money per annum? Fans back this year? Player sales etc? It all adds up and we more than cover it, sales alone covered Jack’s deal so you can take that off the figures above.
I’m not sure people realise this when numbers are banded about.
Cheers, I didn't realise that's how the financial structure works

ya the spurs reporters - saying the same things - that its not close to being agreed.

Sam lee mentioned as such - that his info from city side is that it's close but his colleagues covering spurs say it isn't the case
Weird ennit, the way all the Spurs side think it impossible even now. Especially when their colleagues at the same publication (Athletic) are saying the opposite. Also when Sam in my opinion (from what I’ve saw not every one else’s) does has solid info. Spurs and Levy myth must go on

Jack Pitt Brooke still spouting the ‘Levy shall not be moved, no word yet, and he’ll stay’ in his Athletic piece and Twitter thread this morning. Goes against all we’ve been hearing not only from Ahsan but the media in general are all pointing towards it getting done. But Spurs reporters gotta keep their audience happy I guess. City fan as well.
JPB is a City fan of the Conn ilk. Doesn't miss an opportunity to write negatively about us.

I'm half expecting something to break a few hours before kick off tomorrow. No deal completion but something from Spurs to get their crowd up more for the game & their players.

It seems it all PR bollcoks now the same as Grealish was before we completed that deal.

It is pretty funny seeing how badly this is being handled by certain sections of the media. Weird how in awe of Daniel Levy they are. Someone should tell them how in awe Levy is of Khaldoon. If only they knew about the time Levy went cap in hand to the UAE and asked Khaldoon to help him secure big sponsorships for his over-budget stadium.

When it comes to ‘close’ its all semantics. An offer hasn’t yet been made for what we consider will be enough to land him. That doesn’t mean things aren’t happening to get things in place so that when the time comes to make that final offer we know all our ducks are in order and it becomes a formality. so if you define close by what has been offered so far, it doesn’t look close. But that’s not how we work. The final offer comes when every other checkpoint has been completed and we know that it’s end game.

In this context, the ‘how much do city really want him’ line being parroted by briefed journalists is embarrassing.

When it comes to ‘close’ its all semantics. An offer hasn’t yet been made for what we consider will be enough to land him. That doesn’t mean things aren’t happening to get things in place so that when the time comes to make that final offer we know all our ducks are in order and it becomes a formality. so if you define close by what has been offered so far, it doesn’t look close. But that’s not how we work. The final offer comes when every other checkpoint has been completed and we know that it’s end game.

In this context, the ‘how much do city really want him’ line being parroted by briefed journalists is embarrassing.

The media seem hell bent on not applying any critical thinking their coverage of Spurs/Kane this summer. Everything is just facile platitudes.

It is pretty funny seeing how badly this is being handled by certain sections of the media. Weird how in awe of Daniel Levy they are. Someone should tell them how in awe Levy is of Khaldoon. If only they knew about the time Levy went cap in hand to the UAE and asked Khaldoon to help him secure big sponsorships for his over-budget stadium.
Yeah it’s the media of all professions job to use and apply critical thinking. It’s their name and reputation on the line when they spend all summer backing one horse 100% and the signs have been there all along that it’s another. Blinded by Levy as Mike Skinner almost said

Yeah it’s the media of all professions job to use and apply critical thinking. It’s their name and reputation on the line when they spend all summer backing one horse 100% and the signs have been there all along that it’s another. Blinded by Levy as Mike Skinner almost said
Sorry just saw your post @BillyShears and it’s pretty much this but more concise. Ha.

Jack is/was a great city blogger so I’m not going to denigrate him. But as with Sam and others whose focus is on one team, their job (and the quality of which they can do it) is highly dependent on the relationships they build with contacts at club as well as keeping the fan base sweet. By definition you have to play to the crowds you serve somewhat - in this case spurs fans. It’s a delicate balance. Both Sam and Jack are superb at what they do. But the latter in this case feels a bit too Levy-tinted to the reality of where the deal likely sits. That’s not to say Kane definitely moves. It’s in the balance as we clearly aren’t going to pay 160m for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.