Harry Kane

that all depends on what the intention is to do with the Kane money, if its directed at the tax office then its a great excuse for 'sorry we didnt have time to get players in' pay off debts and happy days,the fans swallow it and normal service has resumed, deadline day for me i'd say
Spurs should try and get some transfers sorted, which for me would be the sensible thing to do but knowing how Sprus are ran am not too sure.

Haaland won't come, Dortmund have champions league.

If we BIG If go into the season without a good striker then we are going to struggle big time. False 9 won't work.
You know what, you're right. I think we could struggle if we don't get Kane and I also agreed that false 9 has been sussed out in the biggest games. Worst case scenario, we DO struggle this season. Don't win the league, don't win the champions league. We aren't going away or getting relegated and we can't win it all every season. We would just go out and do the necessary business next summer and be back to win the league again. I think our dominance and success has made certain pockets of supporters a little self entitled of late. (I'm not aiming this at you by the way, but as a supporter over the age of 30, I remember the very worst of times as a blue)

Lets just try and enjoy the ride.

Because it didn't last time?

Actually, kind of no. We scored far fewer goals than usual and Gundogan did most of the scoring. Bernardo barely ever scored from false nine, Sterling didn't do great there either. Most of Foden and Mahrez's goals came from the wing.

Part of the reason we so comfortably beat Chelsea on points last year was that Werner was a fucking embarrassment. Lukaku will surely be far better. It also looks as though Klopp has finally accepted that Firmino is no longer good enough to start for Liverpool. My worry is not us getting worse but our opponents catching up.

Kane's inclusion in the Spurs 25 man squad for Wednesday's European match reminds me of the Nasri transfer. It seemed more than likely that Nasri, who had turned down the usual links with OT, was City bound, but Wenger put him in the team to play Liverpool at the Emirates on the Saturday. Nasri played, came through unscathed and Wenger stated his intention to play him in the CL match on the following Tuesday. This would have ruled him out of the CL for City that season and it is thought City told Arsenal that the deal was off if Nasri played. Wenger was told by Kroenke (?) that he was not to jeopardise a £25 million deal. I don't think Kane's playing on Wednesday would bar him from the CL but I don't know. It could be a warning from Spurs to get our fingers out and come up with the money or it could be sign that they aren't selling ....

no because teams can learn how to deal with it. im not saying it wont worl but sometimes having a 9 is great
Of course having a 9 is great. You know what else is great? Having a stable backline with a proper left back and a defensive midfielder who's not 36 worked to the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.