Harry Kane

this is what levy wants you to think, you will go along with his bullshit because then you have an argument against all the debt when you get pulled up by rival fans, youre fucked , 37m a year over 20 years, go away do the maths ,that would leave you 400m short without the interest, you better hope to god another strain of covid doesn't come along over the winter and shut the grounds again, youre club is on a knife edge and no amount of levy bullshit juggling will get you out of it, you were desperate to join the super league(why the fuck you were asked is a mystery) you're on your arse, and i hope its a slow painful slippery slide, a very slow slippery slide :)

The pandemic did come at the worst possible time for Tottenham. There is no denying that. Regarding our debt, there are financial experts who have covered this topic extensively.

Our increase in revenue (include NFL matches, concerts, boxing etc at the venue) will more than cover the costs over the long-term.

Like I pointed to you, we also do not have to worry about this in the short term as we have raised £250m through the sale of US private placements to institutional investors, which we only have to pay back at £7m per annum.

The reason I even talked about our debt in the first place was to correct this notion that we need the funds from Kane sale. I was not looking to start an argument.

Like I said, I still think there is a good chance Kane will be a City player by the end of the window. If you guys get the deal over the line, he could quite easily deliver 40 g/a per season for you guys for the next five years.

sorry galactico hahaha

why not ?

he can be that at city and score 50 goals a season and win champions league and titles
No personality , no looks, a decent guy but very dull.

Even as England captain he is hardly a marketing mans dream is he?

My rag associate tried taking the before .

Said we had the worst strike force(torres, jesus, delap) in top 4. (Utd Chelsea pool) hard to argue then went on to say worst of Europe's big guns

Psg
Bayern
Athletic
Barca
Juve
Bayern

Then ended with worst in prem.

We need this guy NOW.
Twice as bad as Bayern?

As long as City are complying with FFP (which you are according to the recent court ruling), I have no issues with your owners' spending mate.

Long-term sucess for Spurs is very different to what it is for City as you guys have become a super club over the last decade.

We certainly had oppurtunities to win trophies during Levy's reign and we had squads/teams good enough to win atleast an FA Cup or a couple more League Cups.

However, we have repeatedly fallen at the final hurdle. I just think it is unfair to place the entire blame on Levy for that.
Our owner hasnt put money in for several years

Tottenham fans coming on here talking about finances when the cunts tried to furlough their own staff.

I do not thnk it is fair to attack Spurs fans for the club's decision. The club did put some non-essential staff on the furlough scheme but Tottenham fans made their misgivings about the decision clear, forcing the club to reverse their decision and apoligise.

You posed the question "do we agree that if we don't end up getting any striker this summer, it's a HUGE fuck up from the club?".

My point is simply that the recruitment of players is as complicated and temperamental as it is volatile. Doubly so at the rarified levels at which we are competing. Getting/not getting the players you want/need at the time you need them is not a "fuck up" - it's football.
The fuck up isn't that we chased Kane and potentially didn't get him, the fuck-up is -

a. not having any plan B
b. not recognizing a striker is a much more important priority than any other position, and pricing ourselves out by making a costly purchase in another area of the field, where the necessity is not as urgent as getting a striker
c. not recognizing early enough that the situation with Kane might not end up with us getting him, and declining other options that were proposed to us in the meantime

AGAIN I repeat, this is only if the kane deal doesn't end up happening, it'll undoubtedly prove to be a really odd decision to choose to only pursue him for that position, not prioritizing getting him before spending money elsewhere, etc. Just because transfers are complicated and temperamental doesn't negate the end result from being a hugely disappointing one that could and should have been avoided for a club our size.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.