Harry Kane

Spurs fan in peace. I have been ocassionally skimming through the posts in this thread for the past couple of weeks just to get a guage of how likely City fans think the deal is to go through.

While reading through the posts, I realised that several of you have some misconceptions about Tottenham and Levy.

So, I want to dispell a couple of myths that I have repeatedly read:

1) Spurs need to sell Kane because they need the money

Anyone who has done any research on our stadium debt will know that is bullshit. The debt is spread over more than two decades and involves minimul interest payments every year.

In fact, the interest payment owed annually are a small fraction of the increase in matchday income as a result of our move from White Hart Lane. So, if anything we are now in a financially stronger position after moving to the new stadium.

Our wage bill is also extremely managable compared to the other big clubs in the league

2) Levy is a bad chairman who cares more about winning in negotiaitons than about Tottenham's long-term sucess.

If you look at how much Spurs have grown commercially worldwide since ENIC bought the club, you will obviously realise that this is crap.

The reason we are now among Europe's top ten richest clubs is because of Levy. Income wise, we were far off the pace of the traditional 'big four' when he took over as chairman but owing to the new stadium and our commercial growth, we are now in the same league as the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal in terms of the revenue we generate.

One also has to keep in mind that Spurs are a self-sustaining club, who do not have owners pumping money in. So, the only way for us to keep competing near the top over the long-term was to build a new stadium.

To blame Levy for Tottenham's lack of recent silverware is harsh when we constantly keep bottling semifinals and finals.

However, the team has certainly improved steadily on the pitch. Last season was the first time Spurs finished outside the top six in around 12 years, which shows how far we have come from the 90s an early 2000s.

3) Tottenham are a selling club

People keep mentioning Carrick and Berbatov, without realising that those sales were 15 years ago.

In both Modric's and Bale's case (which were also a decade ago), Levy actually stuck to his guns and refused to sell them to a domestic rival. In fact, he actually rejected a bigger bid from Chelsea for Modric before chosing to sell him to Real Madrid 12 months later.

The Kyle Walker case was different as he had fallen out with Pochettino, who started Trippier ahead of him in our final 10 games of the 2016/17 season. Pochettino wanted Walker sold.

If I were a betting man, I would still expect Kane to be a City player by the end of the transfer window but you will likely have to pay upwards of 150m at this stage of the window.
Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak want their furlough money back, tell your billionaire owner to pay the f**k up, tight bastards.

I could be a twitter personality

I'd just tweet "Haaland..." with a little stupid dancing man emoji and everyone would lap it up.

The only issue is, my self respect is too high.

If the news is true that he is travelling with the Spurs squad for their next game that hardly screams imminent signing. No chance we would be happy him risking an injury if we were about to seal a record transfer. I dunno for as much as people want to believe this will happen I'm leaning more towards the deal being dead.

Just read the article Jamie " spit on your kid " Carragher wrote in the Telegraph today. Blaming City for not meeting the true valuation of Harry ,as much as Levy being hard to deal with. He does not mention what that true valuation is.He has no idea of what we have offered,he has no idea of what Spurs want. If it is 120 million,the fact that it is still a record British fee is not mentioned. Absolutely no balance in the article.
I dont usually read the Telegraph but my ususal paper had sold out. How on earth this scouse twat can write such a shit article in what I deem to be a respected newspaper I find staggering. Equally find it staggering that he got away without a custodial sentence for assaulting a child in that manner.Did he ever write an article condemning the attacks on City or Madrid or for hacking our database ? I hate rags but even Neville can have a balanced view.Carragher is the epitomy of scouse scum.

I might pop over to Red Cafe for a laugh. I am sure those bastards are celebrating winning the title home to Leeds last week lol.

A very different vibe this transfer compared to Grealish.

People were saying Grealish deal was done months ago. The ITKs were bullish. Every poster had a mate related to Grealish putting it out Grealish is City's. Even Sam Lee was chirping.

Kane has been very different. No news. No clear ITK signals. Probably Kane has less relatives and mates than Grealish.
And then there are multiple "spurs fan in peace" telling us why the deal is not happening and how its all dandy and awesome at Spurs.

Also here is a quick thought for Spurs - If you keep on putting these walls around your good players who want to leave, the next incoming signing would know that if they ever outgrow Spurs and want to upgrade, Levy is gonna make their life hell. If he can be a dick to one of your best player ever where does anyone has a chance.

PS. - After the Danny Rose ,Ericsson fiasco and now Kane, Lets see if another one of your good player signs a 6 year deal ever again. Before anyone mentions him - Son though being very good ,is a purple patch player who at 29 nobody was even looking at. So he decided to get a last big payday!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.