Harry Kane

Kane led us one merry fucking dance all summer. Levy didn't entertain a single offer and wouldn't even respond to us.

It was never happening it seems

Not sure if it’s been mentioned on here but Kane has said he’s staying this summer.

Mmmmm. Does that mean it’s been agreed he is coming in January??

Don't agree with that.

Kane wanted to go yes.
We didn't want any City players in exchange, just the cash.
He may be unhappy now but he's professional and will get over it. No doubt he will have another great season, his consistency is there for all to see.
He will still be worth around 100 million next summer.

I will say from the outside, I don't understand why you didn't throw the kitchen sink at Spurs for Kane, and leave Grealish. You are stacked in those positions, Grealish is a quality player but he isn't in Kane's class either goals wise or assist wise. I was saying this before today on here as well so I'm not here to rub it in or anything. Maybe Grealish has more marketing appeal or something, but for footballing reasons it doesn't make sense. Grealish will probably have a decent season, maybe even a very good one, but he won't surpass Kane output wise and creating isn't your problem, it's more finishing.
Doubt anyone will get anywhere near 100m next summer for a 29 year old striker. Got a feeling the big moves are now going to be release clause moves or free transfers as more players run down their contracts. Off topic but that might eventually mean lower salaries as clubs factor in the lack of resale value.
Not just staying this because, but of the two, if I had to choose, I’m glad we got Grealish and lost out on Kane. Kane is superb, but Grealish’s age, athleticism and potential - can’t wait to see how he develops.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.