Harry Kane

Why will we regret not selling the likely golden boot winner world class striker? It's not like we paid anything for him in the first place. If Spurs wanted to sell we'd have picked up the phone and negotiated. Also, who are these magical players we can sign that gives us a stronger squad? We can't attract elite players being in the conference and the ones that were interested like Martinez, aren't for sale.
This has been my point as well. I suppose blaming Spurs for not selling us all those goals and assists makes folks feel better. What is interesting from my perspective is on the one hand we were supposedly prepared to spend X on a striker from Spurs, only to start hearing now we really don't need a striker at all, we'll go with what we have - bizarro world.

Not sure how I feel about this one, one the one hand Kane would have been nailed on to score a shitload for us but on the other hand the fee's being quoted made me uncomfortable.

I would imagine that the wages Ronaldo would accept wouldn't be a million miles away from what we would have been offering Kane.

The more I think about it I would offer Ronaldo a 2 year deal and save the transfer fee for his replacement.

Kane is going downhill anyway. He's been rinsed from a young age and will age badly imho...too much wear and tear from being a sole asset up front for spurs.

I literally never wanted him(as per the poll) so its a relief to me. What isn't a relief is the time we have wasted and the eggs we put in his basket. We should have sent our offer with a time limit and moved on much sooner...

This saga probably reflects more negatively on Spurs than ourselves.
  • Kane obviously wanted to further his career at a bigger club such as City
  • No City player wanted to go to Spurs as part of an exchange
  • Spurs are left with an unhappy and depreciating asset (albeit a very talented one)
I think its to our credit we didn't go scattergun and we pursued our No1 target, although unsuccessfully.

We are the best run Football club in the world.....I am sure we have a an alternative plan.

Don't agree with that.

Kane wanted to go yes.
We didn't want any City players in exchange, just the cash.
He may be unhappy now but he's professional and will get over it. No doubt he will have another great season, his consistency is there for all to see.
He will still be worth around 100 million next summer.

I will say from the outside, I don't understand why you didn't throw the kitchen sink at Spurs for Kane, and leave Grealish. You are stacked in those positions, Grealish is a quality player but he isn't in Kane's class either goals wise or assist wise. I was saying this before today on here as well so I'm not here to rub it in or anything. Maybe Grealish has more marketing appeal or something, but for footballing reasons it doesn't make sense. Grealish will probably have a decent season, maybe even a very good one, but he won't surpass Kane output wise and creating isn't your problem, it's more finishing.

Not sure how I feel about this one, one the one hand Kane would have been nailed on to score a shitload for us but on the other hand the fee's being quoted made me uncomfortable.

I would imagine that the wages Ronaldo would accept wouldn't be a million miles away from what we would have been offering Kane.

The more I think about it I would offer Ronaldo a 2 year deal and save the transfer fee for his replacement.
In an ideal world we wouldn't need a replacement after 1 or 2 years of Delap and Torres learning their trade under Ronaldo

I know this is one of the only signings Pep himself has put above all other alternatives going into a transfer window. For me, he has earned one of those, especially after what he achieved last season. Despite what Rags and Dippers say, it was a great achievement and does show what a great coach he is. They can talk about the squad cost all they like, the fact is nobody has ever won the PL before without any recognised strikers playing for as long as City did last season. It's hard to do and I doubt anyone else will repeat it no matter how good their midfield is. Gundogan was our top scorer, they'd all have called anyone stupid for predicting that at the start of the season.

As much as I feel for Pep, not getting the one signing he wanted, and as unlikely it is that we'll be able to repeat what was achieved last season. Without a top recognised striker coming in. I'm glad Kane didn't come.

Pep will understand why it didn't happen. I was against it, as soon as Levy turned his nose up at 125m. Don't be fooled how the Spurs (hipster) sycophants in the press try and spin this. Levy was holding out, expecting City to pay 150m. Kane wanted to go, he wont cause a fuss, now that he has to stay but he might feel that's his chance to move to a big club gone and the chance of winner's medals gone with it. That could affect his form for all Levy knows, a misfiring Kane, could lead to no CL football for another season, at the end of this one(2 in a row). While paying off their new stadium and still recovering from the impact of COVID. That could set Spurs back a few years and leave them wishing they'd have taken the generous offer... And it would serve him right if that does happen. The sheer arrogance of that whole club in this window, shouldn't be forgotten either.

Last edited:
Think there's going to be a whole lot more release clauses put in a lot more contracts from now on.
WTF was Kane thinking signing a 6 year contract with Spuds with no get out clause?

I thought Sergio was nice but dim, but compared to Kane he's f**king Einstein!

Kane is as dumb as a doorknob and his brother is as dumb as a dog biscuit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.