Harry Kane

Gobsmacked that the majority of you have voted "no". Gobsmacked.

This man is the second-best striker in the world, in the summer when a striker is our big priority.

And it's not just that he's a natural-born EPL-proven goal-scorer who would be raining in record-breaking numbers in the storm of chances we create (he would), he's also an unbelievable playmaker to boot. He also completely resolves our penalty issues, finally makes us a threat on the cross, and would create bounties of space for our other attackers. If you went into genetic cloning, you could not possibly create a better No.9 for City next season. The only "issues" are his age and his injury record - the former of which I think is mostly a reaction to Haaland being young and the shiny new toy everyone wants, and the latter being something he'd be more much equipped to manage at a team that can rest and rotate him, and where he wouldn't be the sole tackling focus of the entire opposition defence.

Give your heads a wobble. If Kane gives us three injury-free seasons out of five, that's three years where we walk most competitions on the quad is most definitely on. The rest of the world is quivering at this transfer, and we're passing it up?! Bag o' shite.

As long as he doesn‘t get that the #10
Before Foden does I’m fine with it. Still think that he won‘t be as good as some
Here think since the city game is not based on the striker.

It’s because we know what he will do. He moves from there to here and he is still Harry Kane, who everyone knows. It isn’t exciting. It’s a goal scorer moving from one PL club to another. Haaland? He’s exciting. Why? Because the euro giants want him. He’s the coup. He’s the galactico signing. Ironically Kane is far better stat wise because of his age, but he’s still just Kane from Spurs. Not a galactico.

Sign Kane, we beat a couple of English clubs to him and nobody really takes notice.

Sign Haaland/Mbappe, everyone takes note. The second irony is Kane could do better than both of them. Because he knows the league.

And is there something wrong with that?

I'm all for beating euro giants to an exciting galactico signing over beating a once good and a decent english club to a boring goalscorer 8 years older. Totally ok with that.

And is there something wrong with that?

I'm all for beating euro giants to an exciting galactico signing over beating a once good and a decent english club to a boring goalscorer 8 years older. Totally ok with that.
No there’s not. I was just trying to explain to the poster who asked what it is about Kane.

Tottenham's gross debt totals £831million, with £140million owed in transfer debt, £96million in tax debt, £9million in trade creditors and £102million in other creditors equalling the total of £1.177bn

exactly. Giving them 100 million is a massive life raft for them.

problem is, someone is going to give them it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.