Harry Kane

I'll call it now. No way a deal gets done before the Euros.

He may well arrive, it may be well advanced, I'll welcome him with open arms.

But won't happen before the Euros.

It’s a huge deal and will be incredibly complex - added to which Levy is a nightmare but we don’t know how long it’s been going on and how advanced the deal is. Remember we had an outline deal in place for Walker which Levy then renegotiated- so with the Euros coming up I’d suspect City will want this over the line to head off any post Euro’s shenanigans from Levy. Not saying it will get done but City will probably be pushing for it.

Can you imagine? The national team captain and the media's favorite English star Kane, with Foden, possibly the country's brightest young talent, both plying their trade for lil ol' Citeh. Think some of them won't be able to bear it!

I thought you meant Rashford and Maguire -but they don’t play for us.....

Now don't shoot the messenger, but something I found buried in Twitter that I'd thought to share. The end bit about pulling Kane from kit promos might have some correlation to the recent Spurs tweet - the illustration with Moura and Son without Kane.

Good player, will score goals wherever he ends up. We need a forward, he scores goals, we need to score more goals. Would probably be a really good signing on the pitch. (All signings have an element of doubt about them)

Off the pitch he would be fantastic, England poster boy, loved by the media - all of which would help with the generally hostile british press, in a way that Mbappe or Haarland wouldn't.
I wonder how long before the same media turn on him and the question is asked "Harry, why did yer take the Sheikh's shilling!"

how much do we reckon spurs will ask for? given player wants to leave/ supposed agreement in place with him and the board that he can
Depends if Levy decides to be unreasonable or if he respects Kane enough to give a hassle free exit. History tells us it is likely to be the former. Even though their fans, many of them, want it done quick so they can plan for the season ahead properly, not handicap themselves with the wrong signings to late to hit the ground running.

Levey has a big ego that seemingly takes precedence over the immediate best interests of the squad.

Pretty much how i feel, undecided. Top English striker, yes please, top English striker at 28 who has a history of ankle issues at a fee north of 100m and i suddenly find myself wanting to be more considered. If Haaland did not exist i would be more assured saying yes but he does exist.

For me both those players would need to be worked into the squad at a cost of our current play style, to an extent. One however has significant resale value and the other will depreciate quickly no matter how successful he is due to age.
We would not have to become a bunch of long ball bruisers but the top end synergy or pressing, lots of movement and sharp passing would likely not be as it is now. How much would that affect us as a whole? not got a clue tbh. Pep may even be able to coach both of them to do a bit more of that, Kane already has shown he can drop back and pick a decent pass through but does that interfere with Kev then?

Kane is a huge goal threat and Pep would see that is realised to the fullest. If we are going to have to adapt a bit though, the sensible option is do it for the younger man who will still be growing as a player, but still a deadly striker. Then again Kane is absolutely proven in the prem, i am pretty certain Haaland would carry his ability to the prem but we have seen Kane do it over a prolonged period of time.

We may even not be interested in either and work with what we have and i'd be fine with that to if Pep thinks the squad will be ok over a season. Txiki and Pep have no time for Haalands agent at all so that has to be considered. The harmony at the club is imo sacred to them as much as anything we do on the pitch as one affects the other.

Marketing wise Kane would be great but equally making inroads to the nordic market would appeal greatly to. They are traditionally Liverpool and Utd but Haaland would certainly bring a lot of young Norwegian fans to follow us. We think long term so it will be a consideration but how much is anybody's guess really.

tl;dr Not got a clue what we should do but would not be dissapointed with any outcome really, Kane, Haaland or neither. If we go for Kane i just hope we do not spend to much due to the English tax or whatever else inflates his price.

Think the simplest way of looking at it is "can Haaland happen?". The answer seems to be no, at which point you move onto who is the best available target, and that seems to be Kane.

I also think we have far bigger trouble with our British brand and reputation than we do internationally. Having the England captain, Raz, Foden, Stones and say Grealish in the same squad really gives the media a conflict on how they treat us given they have to keep up the national team brand too.

Pretty candid interview with Ratboy. For anyone that missed it.

Last edited:
Can you imagine? The national team captain and the media's favorite English star Kane, with Foden, possibly the country's brightest young talent, both plying their trade for lil ol' Citeh. Think some of them won't be able to bear it!

LB--------CB---Stones------Walker
-------------Rice----CM------
------Sterling----Foden----Grealish
------------------Kane---------

Not unthinkable ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.