Harry Kane

This is a deal that I actually think will be done quickly. He wants it, City want it. Spurs are ultimately sellers. They've got a £130m loan to be repaid.

i wonder if the fee which actually be the loan repayment? I personally think city wont go above £100m but we need an absolute world class striker and in that light they are few and far between, especially from a obtainable point of view?

One reason i doubt Levy will allow this to go smooth is looking at their manager issue. Spurs model is the same as utds really, that is spend enough to get top 4, more is a bonus but spending to get it sees diminishing returns to the point ENIC would not be happy at their cut. Their bottom line is to make money just as much as the Glazers. I thought this 10 years ago and have seen nothing to change my mind.

I think the word is out they are not going to spend much but expectations will still be high for some reason, unhappy fan base losing their idol, nobody of equal quality coming in to replace them and no funds to fix it. Those working conditions have been fostered by Levy and ENIC unwilling to put their hand in their pocket (speculate) and show no signs of changing hence people turning them down, especially established managers.
The money they have spent has been spent pretty badly to. Managers asking for Y and getting Z etc etc.

If you extend that reasoning to other areas Levy's make money first remit would see him hold out for the maximum fee he could get for Kane regardless of any gents agreements, risk of hurting the current squad more with late arrivals not being worked in etc.
Just look at the first match back, fans stuck to the back so advertisements are front and centre covering the good seats after shelling out 60 quid for a ticket.

If we do go in for Kane i hope i am wrong but fear i am not. Time will tell though, it will be interesting to see this play out.

Making money comes before their fans by a distance yet they accuse us of sucking the romanticism out of the game, you have to laugh a bit at that.

Last edited:
Think the simplest way of looking at it is "can Haaland happen?". The answer seems to be no, at which point you move onto who is the best available target, and that seems to be Kane.

I also think we have far bigger trouble with our British brand and reputation than we do internationally. Having the England captain, Raz, Foden, Stones and say Grealish in the same squad really gives the media a conflict on how they treat us given they have to keep up the national team brand too.
Great points and i totally agree. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. I want it to go smooth if we go for him but i would like to see Levy blow up when some sky reporter shoves a mic in his face to. That would be just funny to watch.

Would getting him mean Haaland 100% going to another club? If so I hope we'll not be regretting this move for the next decade.
If Haaland wants City and only City and the club feel they can utilise Kane and Haaland from next summer I'm sure they will find the money to trigger his lower release clause.

the voting has shifted from not signing kane to signing kane. How media influences???

My opinion’s moved a bit but no so much due to the general media (I think he came across as a bit of a dick in that heavily scripted play-act of an interview with that ex-rag), more due to the social media of reading and absorbing the arguments put forward by some some of the more reasoned posters in here.
I voted no to Kane, mainly due to having a general dislike towards him (dirty spurs player) combined with age and injury concerns.
I’m now educated to the fact that his injury record’s not bad at all given the number of games he plays each season (only ever out when he is injured / doesn’t seem to get rested at all).
His age? Well 27 turning 28 soon probably puts him at his peak or thereabouts and, regards resale(?), well it’s not my dosh is it?
Beyond that, I’m still suffering a bit of inner turmoil with him being a ‘dirty Spurs player’ but if he came to us then he wouldn’t even be one of them anymore would he?

In fact the thought of Kane combined with Grealish injected into our squad is a pleasant one to contemplate so I’m leaning towards changing my vote to a yes . . despite the crass and very wooden interview with rat boy.

People talked about why signing Messi last year was a no brainer despite his age. His marketing potential.

As far as I can see there is one obvious candidate to be Messi and Ronaldo's successor as global superstar of the sport over the next decade.

He is out of contract next summer. But he doesn't play in Germany.

Kylian Mbappe.

As we are aspiring to be what Madrid and Barca were, surely he's the player that we should be after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.