Harry Kane

Some of the reactions in here are mind boggling.

Playing shit to keep his fee down...but don't buy him anyway.

Looks like he's got an injury...but look hoe shit he looks.

The lad just walked away with the golden boot and most assists in a shite team managed by a dinosaur and a PE teacher in the last season.
An injury doesn't make you wander around aimlessly in 2 games, watching the ball being passed around anywhere other than where you are. He looks completely lost.

An injury doesn't make you wander around aimlessly in 2 games, watching the ball being passed around anywhere other than where you are. He looks completely lost.
Yes it does.

The system Southgate is currently playing is horrendous. He took Kane off, brought Rashford on, and he could barely get 4-5 touches too. Injury caution has a massive impact on your performance, not sure how you are simply undermining the factor. Also there was barely any service. Him and Foden ghosting for 2 games doesn't make them shite clearly. Not sure why everyone is judging players off a game or 2 especially in NT where the performances usually differ from club level

If we buy Kane.. I will guarantee by his second season he will become the poster boy of hatred in the match day thread. Just a feeling but I think he could be our Shevchenko, Veron or Hazard (Real).. as in a huge high profile flop.. something that we’ve managed to avoid thus far!

Nonsense.

No player is guaranteed to never be injured.

Kane has hardly been a prem player since he was 18 like Rooney. Hes toughed out lower league football and dragged himself and Spuds to where they are. He's been a one man army for years, at City he will finally have the chance to be part of a bigger machine.

You're right we could e.g sign Haarland only for him to miss two seasons with injury and never be the same player similar to Mendy (though Mendy was pretty injury prone even in France..). But like Kompany, Aguero and now De Bruyne it feels like a guarantee that Kane'll be out for parts of the season, only question is when and how long. And similar to those players he takes a few games of looking very rusty to get back to speed, they're too big to leave out so get shoehorned into the side regardless of how things were going in their absence which causes a lot of upheaval.

Have seen suggestions that it won't be an issuse as we wouldn't run him into the ground like Spurs do but not sure about that, if he's the only forward we sign we'll still be pretty reliant on him and Kane doesn't seem like the type to accept the rotation like a younger player might.

Pep I think had Aguero on a vegan diet which reduced the rate of injuries but robbed him of most of his explosiveness, maybe that's part of our thinking with Kane who doesn't have much of it to lose.

You're right we could e.g sign Haarland only for him to miss two seasons with injury and never be the same player similar to Mendy (though Mendy was pretty injury prone even in France..). But like Kompany, Aguero and now De Bruyne it feels like a guarantee that Kane'll be out for parts of the season, only question is when and how long. And similar to those players he takes a few games of looking very rusty to get back to speed, they're too big to leave out so get shoehorned into the side regardless of how things were going in their absence which causes a lot of upheaval.

Have seen suggestions that it won't be an issuse as we wouldn't run him into the ground like Spurs do but not sure about that, if he's the only forward we sign we'll still be pretty reliant on him and Kane doesn't seem like the type to accept the rotation like a younger player might.

Pep I think had Aguero on a vegan diet which reduced the rate of injuries but robbed him of most of his explosiveness, maybe that's part of our thinking with Kane who doesn't have much of it to lose.
Wait, what?

Is this a thing, you lose explosiveness by going on a vegan diet, even if you get the same protein?

I read a couple years ago that Messi switched to a diet like that, and he still looks mighty fast, any speed lost I would attribute to getting older.

Wait, what?

Is this a thing, you lose explosiveness by going on a vegan diet, even if you get the same protein?

I read a couple years ago that Messi switched to a diet like that, and he still looks mighty fast, any speed lost I would attribute to getting older.

You may be right there, watched a vid on Youtube about that trade-off for Kun and kind of took it for gospel. There was also some stuff about Liverpool players Hendy and Robbo on the carnivore diet and what it was doing for their pace and running power, that may have been down to whatever they were sprinkling on the meat though.

I think I'd rather we go for Son. Smashing player and would probably be a better fit for the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.