Harry Kane

Still find this whole scenario absolutely bizarre. Conte throws his toys out the pram at Milan due to lack of cash, and then rocks up (potentially) at Spurs who are in mega debt.
If this happens then Conte is a one season sticking plaster at best. I don’t see Spurs getting past us, Liverpool, Chelsea or The Scum next season. Conte would have a short amount of time to assess the squad and hunt for bargains. Conte is good, but he’s not that good.

Still find this whole scenario absolutely bizarre. Conte throws his toys out the pram at Milan due to lack of cash, and then rocks up (potentially) at Spurs who are in mega debt.
If this happens then Conte is a one season sticking plaster at best. I don’t see Spurs getting past us, Liverpool, Chelsea or The Scum next season. Conte would have a short amount of time to assess the squad and hunt for bargains. Conte is good, but he’s not that good.
They are in serious debt,if this is true.

Who knows what snake oil Levy sold Conte

This will probably end up like what happened to him at Chelsea - ask for a top class midfielder, board gives him Danny Drinkwater.

You can’t seriously put Tuchel in that category. CL win or not, the guy failed everywhere else. He’ll be gone from Chelsea by the end of the season
I think 'failed' is a little harsh. Tuchel is a top coach on the pitch.

His sackings are always due to problems off it, and I'm pretty certain knowing Chelsea, this will be what causes his downfall.

You’re being delusional here. Tuchel is one of the smartest managers in the world. His teams in Germany played great football and were tactically brilliant. If you listen to the academics of football in Germany, many of them will put Tuchel above or at least on par with Klopp. He won domestic trophies in France and got PSG to a UCL final which they lost but handled an extraordinary Bayern side well. Like he said in an interview right before being sacked, he felt more like a politician than a trainer there, the environment was toxic and he did as well as he could.
The thing now is that Abramovich and Tuchel are both equally ruthless and I think that combination will work out well for Chelsea long term. His ambitions will be backed and I think it will turn out well for both. Of course, I could be wrong and he could be sacked soon like you said. That doesn’t change the fact he is a top manager and one I thought of last year as an easy Pep replacement were he to leave while many brought up Pochettino and Nagelsmann.
He failed in France. He didn’t improve PSG. He fluked his way to a “CL final” in a single-round mini summer tournament after PSG were given the easiest CL draw in history. They were still almost eliminated by Atalanta and his team was carried by the individual brilliance of Neymar and Mbappe with no plan B.

People can say what they want about Klopp but he won the Bundesliga twice with Dortmund, as well as 2-3 domestic cup trophies. He and Tuchel are not on the same level.

As for Tuchel potentially replacing Pep, I would hate to watch his brand of football here, regardless of whether it would be successful or not. Make no mistake, he won the CL with them which is fair enough, but so did Di Matteo. That in itself does not show that someone is a great manager. They almost missed out on Top 4 and ended up finishing behind a shit Liverpool side. I don’t buy into the hype. He’ll be gone this time next year.

He failed in France. He didn’t improve PSG. He fluked his way to a “CL final” in a single-round mini summer tournament after PSG were given the easiest CL draw in history. They were still almost eliminated by Atalanta and his team was carried by the individual brilliance of Neymar and Mbappe with no plan B.

People can say what they want about Klopp but he won the Bundesliga twice with Dortmund, as well as 2-3 domestic cup trophies. He and Tuchel are not on the same level.

As for Tuchel potentially replacing Pep, I would hate to watch his brand of football here, regardless of whether it would be successful or not. Make no mistake, he won the CL with them which is fair enough, but so did Di Matteo. That in itself does not show that someone is a great manager. They almost missed out on Top 4 and ended up finishing behind a shit Liverpool side. I don’t buy into the hype. He’ll be gone this time next year.
Pep is Father Christmas to Tuchel. Was. Next season we shall take the toys away from the screaming boy.

They are in serious debt,if this is true.

Large - but is it serious, given that almost all of it is related to the stadium build?

United were heading for oblivion due to the ridiculous debt payments they had to make, but football has gone up an extra level in the last few years financially, and top PL clubs aren't seen as anything like as risky, so their interest rates are right down.

Most of Spurs loans are apparently now on very long term repayments. Spurs levels of revenue have gone up significantly since they started building the stadium, they've got a low wage bill compared to the rest of the big six, and they made a good profit before covid. I'd assume they're in a position to let loose a little over the next few years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.