Harry Kane

Your deluded if you think for one minute, the starting price is close to 160m with add ons. You've already missed out on CL football so that's minimum 50m in lost revenue. Your not going to finish top 4 this season either so in total that's 100m. Its doubtful City will try again next year either. So nows the time to do this deal and 130 plus add ons will probably be Citys limit.

Levy will weaken the closer to this window gets to closing, and City know this
Its the way levy operates, i dont think we wanted to sell the player and dont need the money, yeah it would come in handy for rebuilding the squad but losing a top class player brings more problems. Our stadium debt is on long term financing. It was never part of the plan to sell kane, we could keep him for 3 more seasons, he could sign a new contract in that time or leave on a bosman at the end of it, we never paid a transfer fee so lost nothing.

Whether city come back next season who knows, it depends whether you have bought another striker, how they have done, the others that might be available and whether they want city or someone else

i cant say kane will stay with us beyond this window, IMO its 50/50, anything can happen in football, its a funny ol game as they say.

Its the way levy operates, i dont think we wanted to sell the player and dont need the money, yeah it would come in handy for rebuilding the squad but losing a top class player brings more problems. Our stadium debt is on long term financing. It was never part of the plan to sell kane, we could keep him for 3 more seasons, he could sign a new contract in that time or leave on a bosman at the end of it, we never paid a transfer fee so lost nothing.

Whether city come back next season who knows, it depends whether you have bought another striker, how they have done, the others that might be available and whether they want city or someone else

i cant say kane will stay with us beyond this window, IMO its 50/50, anything can happen in football, its a funny ol game as they say.
Why hasn’t your manager just come out and said Kane is looking forward to the season with Spurs?

Our stadium debt is on long term financing.
If it isn't a problem, maybe every club should borrow £1b over a long term. Come to think of it, maybe I'll ask my bank manager if he'll lend me £1b. As I've asked other spurs fans, are you happy about owing a billion? Even if it's long term it's money out or your coffers for season after season.....LONG TERM.

It's the way Levy operates?

Carrick, Keane, Modric, Walker, Bale

Dont get the negativity on here about Kane.
At £130m+ yes it’s expensive but all it does is weaken our argument against other fans re spending. And we’re getting shit for not paying the fee- so fuck em. If we were in a different financial position then yeah it’s a huge risk that would have financial ramifications for years ahead- but if kane were to fail for 2/3 years we have delap to possibly fill that position or simply buy another striker- it’s not a gamble like samaras was all then years ago.

Looking at last year we were so wasteful, most of the games we dropped points we had twice as many shots as our opponents. Kane is leathal in front of goals and gives us the aerial threat that we have been missing in recent years.

Going with Jesus/Torres/delap this season is a much bigger gamble than paying near £150m for a proven goal scorer
It's not a gamble, we know what the outcome will be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.