Harry Kane

Kane looks heavy and slow at the moment, saying that he would have probably got a bagful of goals for us.

The money touted for him was obscene though.

As one who believes the chances of getting Haaland are certainly more against then they are for, I wouldn’t be surprised to see us test the waters around the £80 million mark next season (if Haaland does not happen).

I think Sanchez and then Messi have been key moments for how City do business, and rightly so. As a club we have no interest in being used as a bank, as a name to throw around for someone looking for a better deal, or any of the other shit we've had the piss taken out of by agents, chairmen, and players, over the years. We've got the best facilities, best manager, and best team in the world. If you come to play for us you'll get rewarded, if you get your head down and play your role in the team you'll be a much better player, if you do well for us you'll get trophies and the latter stages of the CL and a pay rise to go with it, and if you work really, really hard you'll be a club legend with a statue.
I would love the know the full story on our "failed" deals in the future.

The club has received some appalling treatment from the red shirt clubs, especially the rags, have we played a very devious game?

Have we bid, scouted and approached players in the full knowledge that the rags knew exactly what we doing, what we were offering?

Have we played the greatest sting operation of all time?

It genuinely would not surprise me and if we have not, Tkixi and co are a bunch of very lucky guys.

The club has received some appalling treatment from the red shirt clubs, especially the rags, have we played a very devious game?

Have we bid, scouted and approached players in the full knowledge that the rags knew exactly what we doing, what we were offering?

It genuinely would not surprise me and if we have not, Tkixi and co are a bunch of very lucky guys.
To be honest, I think agents know that United are the most gullible football club on the planet, without a discernable scouting or recruitment plan, and if there is even a whiff on interest from us they can get them on the phone and add a couple of £10ms to the transfer fee and a £100ks to their own paycheck.

I've always said you can't really judge the players that end up there based on the performances for United, because they don't have the management or coaching or facilities to judge them compared to what they'd look like if they played for us. I imagine, for instance, Fred would look like a completely different player if he'd worked alongside Fernandino in a team with a proper pressing system in front of him. And I dread to think what Rodri, who for me has been one of our players of the season so far, would like if you lumped in him that United team.

Agree - would love to see behind the scenes as some of these deals were going on.

This summer’s Ronaldo one was the strangest of all. Whether you believe we actually made an approach or not, our name was used liberally in the media for days until the rags were coaxed out, and no denial was made by city until the 11th hour.

Given this has saddled them with a £500kpw player they don’t need, and probably dented their chances in the Haaland race, was this 3D chess from city or sheer chance?

Same here. I cant wait to find out. It's too many times for it to be good luck

Or in Utds team, or lfcs team, RM, Barca etc etc. but they dont go for him. If he's that much of a gaurantee why is he STILL at Spurs after all these years.

Because Spurs don’t want to sell their best player. They valued him at a level that wasn’t sensible for any buying club, because he’s worth more to them than he would be to us or any other top club. Imagine how shit Spurs would be without Kane.

Or in Utds team, or lfcs team, RM, Barca etc etc. but they dont go for him. If he's that much of a gaurantee why is he STILL at Spurs after all these years.
Those teams all have completely different styles of football that wouldn't necessairly suit him. What an odd insult to make.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.