Harry Kane

Agree - would love to see behind the scenes as some of these deals were going on.

This summer’s Ronaldo one was the strangest of all. Whether you believe we actually made an approach or not, our name was used liberally in the media for days until the rags were coaxed out, and no denial was made by city until the 11th hour.

Given this has saddled them with a £500kpw player they don’t need, and probably dented their chances in the Haaland race, was this 3D chess from city or sheer chance?
I think you can piece together what happened fairly well. Ronaldo was shopped about all summer to big clubs all over Europe, City weren't interested, upon the Kane deal falling through Mendes tried again and City made vaguely positive noises, Pep wasn't entirely sure but agreed that he'd prefer the option than none at all, there were some early discussions about price, City and Juventus were on their way to hammering something out, and then the United contingent swooped in and changed Ronaldo's mind. We definitely didn't go in to force United's hand, but United are so badly run and desperate that they will continue to fuck themselves over. Put another way, United don't factor into our decision making, but on more than one occasion we factor into theirs.

I think you can piece together what happened fairly well. Ronaldo was shopped about all summer to big clubs all over Europe, City weren't interested, upon the Kane deal falling through Mendes tried again and City made vaguely positive noises, Pep wasn't entirely sure but agreed that he'd prefer the option than none at all, there were some early discussions about price, City and Juventus were on their way to hammering something out, and then the United contingent swooped in and changed Ronaldo's mind. We definitely didn't go in to force United's hand, but United are so badly run and desperate that they will continue to fuck themselves over. Put another way, United don't factor into our decision making, but on more than one occasion we factor into theirs.

Certainly seems that way and can prove a useful piece of armoury in order to fuck them over .

Why is he an idiot? he did not want to sell Kane unless we paid a crazy fee.

Why should Levy and Spurs do anything for the National team? People were going crazy on here when KDB turned out for Belgium on one leg, it was out of order to us , the club that pay his wages. Club sides look after No1 and rightly so.

Thankfully we did not and it appears yet again by luck or great judgement , we had dodged not a bullet but a cruise missile.

Kane looks done to me , just like Sanchez did when he left the Arse'.
The fact that he looks done might make Levy look like an idiot for turning down whatever we offered for him?

The fact that he looks done might make Levy look like an idiot for turning down whatever we offered for him?
Especially if he ends up being sold somewhere for significantly less and being at a new club gives him a new lease on life.

If City don't go back in for him, I can see Kane fucking off to the first club that put in a decent offer out of spite, even if they're a step down (eg Newcastle).

Especially if he ends up being sold somewhere for significantly less and being at a new club gives him a new lease on life.

If City don't go back in for him, I can see Kane fucking off to the first club that put in a decent offer out of spite, even if they're a step down (eg Newcastle).
Quite possible if things aren’t shipshape and Bristol fashion* at Tottingham Towers. He could justify his escape - in public if not to himself - as a project and a challenge.

(*Not used or heard that expression in years!)

I fully expect City to go back in for Kane at around £80m, especially if Raheem is moving on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.