Hart No1

haller said:
mad zab said:
{deleted}

nice try, but i'm english, go read back and see where i called anyone a personal name on this thread.

what i said to macca, was he can expect to be called irish bias for what he says about given, and macca will tell you that himself.

you my friend, publicly called yourself a numpty when no one had said a thing about you personally.

I called you a numpty for highlighting the fact I said he was biased because he was Irish!!

Just like everyone of those selfish bastards!!

I am a Celtic fan and can't stand the fact that those twats have stolen my club's identity and brought their vile religious bigotry to my country!!

cleavers said:
mad zab said:
I am a Celtic fan and can't stand the fact that those twats have stolen my club's identity and brought their vile religious bigotry to my country!!

If you're hatred (and racist comments) for the Irish are connected to your support of Celtic, then please go pollute their forms with them. Thanks.

Oh I see you can warn me in a pm, but can't reply to me by pm!!!<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:43 pm --<br /><br />
cleavers said:
mad zab said:

If you're hatred (and racist comments) for the Irish are connected to your support of Celtic, then please go pollute their forms with them. Thanks.

It's also strange that when people post vile comments about Scottish people, we hear nothing from you!!

I guess you don't think that's racist?

Guys - take it easy we are talking about a choice of goalkeeper here not politics. I live in Ireland (10 years) and I am English. Quite a lot of the Irish agree with the decision for Hart to be #1, in fact I know a lot who support Liverpool, Arsenal and United and none of them want Given in their team. Then again their will be others who do - this is just personal choice. Let's just be calm on here with the personal insults, it stops being a discussion and this is what forums are for - discuss different opinions.

mad zab said:
cleavers said:

Oh I see you can warn me in a pm, but can't reply to me by pm!!!

-- Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:43 pm --

cleavers said:

It's also strange that when people post vile comments about Scottish people, we hear nothing from you!!

Righteo.....

First, my job is to warn where appropriate, which I did, and it was.
Then I have to shift the offending posts, which I did.
Finally I respond to you, which I did, once I'd completed the other tasks, sorry if it took me over 1 minute to get back to you.
I don't publicise who gets warnings on here, but you've done that to the world, so well done.
I haven't personally seen any anti scottish posts, and none have been reported (unlike your anti Irish comments, which were reported by a couple of people).
Finally I asked you earlier this evening in another thread to tone down the personal stuff, but you ignored me, so a warning was appropriate in my opinion.

(And before you accuse me of being anti scottish, I'm married to one, and have lived a good number of years of my life there, and no I'm not Irish either.)

cleavers said:
mad zab said:
Oh I see you can warn me in a pm, but can't reply to me by pm!!!

-- Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:43 pm --

Righteo.....

First, my job is to warn where appropriate, which I did, and it was.
Then I have to shift the offending posts, which I did.
Finally I respond to you, which I did, once I'd completed the other tasks, sorry if it took me over 1 minute to get back to you.
I don't publicise who gets warnings on here, but you've done that to the world, so well done.
I haven't personally seen any anti scottish posts, and none have been reported (unlike your anti Irish comments, which were reported by a couple of people).
Finally I asked you earlier this evening in another thread to tone down the personal stuff, but you ignored me, so a warning was appropriate in my opinion.

(And before you accuse me of being anti scottish, I'm married to one, and have lived a good number of years of my life there, and no I'm not Irish either.)

Try looking at the Celtic and Rangers threads over the last few months!!

You must be blind if you didn't see them.

thank you
Lee_SHA said:
Evening guys. I'm a Birmingham supporter, here in peace.

I just wanted to add my thoughts on Joe Hart given (excuse the pun) he was with us all of last season. I know you've all probably done the subject to death, but I registered to comment specifically on his display today.

He was magnicent, and he's a world class goalkeeper, not potentially one, he is already.

The amount of times last season he produced similar displays for us were too many to count, and a major reason why we ended up with as many points as we did. Our manager, McLeish, said around 15 points of our overall total were down to Hart being in goal, and if he shows a similar return for your club this season (which I've no doubt he will), I can genuinely see City being at a minimum in the top two, if not winning it.

When Hart first came to us, he looked shaky in the first two games, and there were genuine question marks over whether he had the confidence to put in consistent performances. But McLeish stuck by him, and that's the main reason why he grew throughout the season and ended up (arguably) our best player last season - the confidence that the manager showed in him.

And that's exactly why he produced what he did today. Mancini had enough confidence to pick him as your number one, and Hart has thrived on that and probably picked you a point up that looked unlikely during spells in the game.

He's got the confidence, the talent was never in doubt, he talks well, he can handle the pressure - the guy has everything. I'm just glad to say I had the privelege of watching him on many occassions last season.

Anyway, enough of me rambling on.

Good luck for the season guys. I genuinely hope you finish above the three dirty Cockney teams and the plastics from Salford, not to mention the Scousers.

Have a good 'un.

IrishMacca said:
Some people really are ridiculous.
Us getting 5th last year had a lot to do with Given,he has done nothing wrong now he can fuck off? Hart said he'd leave if he didn't get to start, but that doesn't matter, he's young he's English, but no, Given can just fuck off. It's not like oh I don't know, he's done much for us anyway.

Given is too good, too experienced and at the stage of his career where he needs games, and people are selfish enough to think that he should waste his time sitting on the bench when clubs like Arsenal are interested in him.

Hart has had one good season, didn't make the bench in the world cup, behind two average keepers, and puts in a performance that any other keeper would have in the Prem today, Given included, and he's the new mesiah, well I guess the English press and Capello have got their way after all.
It was suggested that Hart's nationality would play a part in the selection, he's not better than Given, he's less experienced, the only thing he has on his side is he's younger and he's English and in this day in age apparently that enough. Given..who needs Given right.

For Ireland, from that point of view, I hope he does leave, from a City point of view, we'll need him when Hart cracks, but that's too selfish a reason to ask him to stay.

Ye question people's loyalties on here, question ye're own first.

Given has been a fine keeper but he's never really been top notch as he has had major weaknessess in his game from day one and yet has never seemed to work on them and eradicate them from his game.
Hart will not play like he did today every week but i for one hope we stick with Joe, he's the future.
I hope Given stays but if he wants to spit his dummy out and go elsewhere then as long as we get a decent fee for him then he can go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.