Hart No1

will make mistakes along the way but has proven today he is in no doubt our no.1 for the long term future.

Should have played the loyal keeper not the one who ran off on loan.

Given is still far better but a Hughes signing which does not go down well.

Corky, no offence, but I think the loan and first team football did more good for Joe Hart than sitting on a bench for the whole season. Not to mention the experience he gained from it.

Goalkeepers need confidence, and to get confidence they need to play, and that's why the loan benefited not only him but Birmingham as well.

It was good business for City and Birmingham IMO.

cleavers said:
mad zab said:
Try looking at the Celtic and Rangers threads over the last few months!!
Weird as it may seem, but this being a Manchester City forum, I tend to ignore stuff about Celtic or Rangers, as its of no relevance to me (in fact some would even say not much relevance to football in general ;o) ).

I agree!! Unfortunately people on here start those threads and then it denigrates into the most vitriloic hatred that I have ever read on this forum.

However, you are happy to ignore this!!

It seems to me you apply the rules to suit your own agenda!!

mad zab said:
I agree!! Unfortunately people on here start those threads and then it denigrates into the most vitriloic hatred that I have ever read on this forum.

However, you are happy to ignore this!!

It seems to me you apply the rules to suit your own agenda!!

I don't have an agenda, nor do any of the other mods, other than supporting City, and keeping the peace in here as best we can.

We might be able to have our cake and eat it too.

If forced then clearly Joe is the only choice primarily because of his age, but Shay Given is still quality and a club that has our aspirations needs two quality keepers like Chelsea have managed for years. No more signing reserve keepers from Sunderland ta (however good he turned out to be).

There is a selling job to be done on Shay.

Option 1 - take the short term view and move on for first team football at another top side. This may only last a couple of years before you have to do a Jamo and move to some godforsaken lower league side with ambition but far lower salaries and what happens after that????

option 2 - stay put at City and be regarded as the joint number 1 this season getting plenty of games in both league and cup. Accept that Joe is the future and work with him as we gradually transition him over the next season or two while you still get plenty of games and build up your coaching experience as well. This way you can still be with City for the next few years, say a 4 year contract. on the same money as now playing and coaching and finish your career at the top on more money with badges instead of bristol or summat.

Balti said:
We might be able to have our cake and eat it too.

If forced then clearly Joe is the only choice primarily because of his age, but Shay Given is still quality and a club that has our aspirations needs two quality keepers like Chelsea have managed for years. No more signing reserve keepers from Sunderland ta (however good he turned out to be).

There is a selling job to be done on Shay.

Option 1 - take the short term view and move on for first team football at another top side. This may only last a couple of years before you have to do a Jamo and move to some godforsaken lower league side with ambition but far lower salaries and what happens after that????

option 2 - stay put at City and be regarded as the joint number 1 this season getting plenty of games in both league and cup. Accept that Joe is the future and work with him as we gradually transition him ove the next season or two while you still get plenty of games and build up your coaching experience as well. This way you can still be with City for the next few years, say a 4 year contract. on the same money as now playing and coaching and finish your career at the top on more money with badges instead of bristol or summat.

I have to disagree with you, if Given goes it will be to another top class team like Arsenal and not 'bristol or summat'

JH was outstanding today. given needs to realise that his spot is not assured. healthy competition for those ridiculous wages is a must! or players will just keep on turning out mediocre performances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.