Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

No, I just read the thread title, the opening post and around 6 posts requesting people keep the politics out of this thread. It may be Rics forum but I would have thought he'd have kept it that way.
Yes, fair enough. As much as I deplore the government, there is a separate thread for that. I will amend my “Fuck the Tories” post accordingly.

Cheer up, the EU, Royal family, immigration and government interference in the bbc have been divisive issues for 40 years!

Someone posted a clip from Yes Minister earlier about the government leaning on the director of the bbc that could have been written today, and it included jokes about the EU being the enemy.
Brexit is a big one though. I don't think that will be a joking matter for many Brits.

BTW Steve Wilson of MotD fame just did commentary on an EPL game for ITV highlights...... thats why this is doomed to failure - freelancers are not solely dependant on the BBC - something the BBC forgot

Do you mean EFL, because that's what ITV have the rights to or EPL for the World Feed?

Either way, I'm sure he and most other commentators would prefer working on the top English division to English viewers on the biggest English platform, which is the BBC.

Maybe the BBC will blink first but if not, then I wonder how long the likes of Wilson will be happy only having their voices heard by international viewers. I doubt any of them dreamed of being live on the USA Network over being on MOTD every Saturday.

There are a few tweaks needed, such as a summary of the league table and a brief intro to each game. But I didn't miss the punditry at all. Lack of commentary would take some getting used to, but I tend not to pay attention to them during highlights anyway.

They did have a table summary right at the end.

Brexit is a big one though. I don't think that will be a joking matter for many Brits.

None of these things are really joking matters, but that won’t stop them featuring in comedies and satire.

My entire life people have argued about the EU, all Brexit has done is change it from and argument about what we should do in the future to an argument about what we shouldn’t have done in 2016.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.